11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 AM

jigsaw250 has much to be proud of
I would have to say we have to wait a little more before we can decide. Gears 2 has its flaws and Gears 1 had...well, still has...its flaws. Let see if Epic can make any update to fix some of the issues. Personally I think the game is a blast even right now. But with a few adjustments, I dont think I will ever be able to put it down.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:24 PM

Ferality has much to be proud of
Revolutionary... in my opinion.
Gears 2 is alot better than Gears 1. CliffyB has really put alot into making the game as brutal yet enjoyable as it can possibly be through the use of the new weapons and executions, a much darker storyline and the introduction of new characters. The game's online matchmaking still has some kinks in it but i'm sure Epic will get to work on those soon enough. Though i'm still wondering why the gold gun looks so tacky, and yet it cost people an extra 15.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:27 AM

Powder has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Powder Send a message via MSN to Powder Send a message via Yahoo to Powder
Would be better.
Gears of War 2 would be better if it didnt have this one problem - Crap.

The crap I'm talking about is the crap any Gears of War 2 player has been experiencing and that's long game connections, crappy hosts, glitched shotgun and sniper, and the host super upgrade - seeing how the partners of hosts have better weapons when by the host (proven).

Also, the biggest crap of them all.

CHAINSAW

This isn't your average everyday chainsaw. No, no .. This is your awesome, god mode, 'cant touch this /MChammer' chainsaw. The chainsaw is a big problem to me because people don't play Gears of War 2. They play Gears of Chainsaw 2. You'll get teleported into chainsaws, people going through barrages of bullets Rambo style and chainsaws you and you have that guy who 'just chainsaws'. I've literally lost King of the Hill matches against so called 'clans' just by chainsaws. How? Small maps and host power.

Its nearly impossible to knock the chainsaw down and I've litterally seen total red circles on a guy from a 'DIRECT' shotgun shot and he still got the chainsaw off.

If I still had Gears 1, I'd probably play it ... and if all of my friends werent playing it. <shrug>

Old 12-21-2008, 08:02 AM

Klister has set foot on a distinguished road
Indeed the online crap is driving me crazy too. Not only the matchmaking and the unbalance in teams and weapons, but also the enormous lag! Man I have never played any game which displayed this much lag. A few days ago it was really the worst ever. I got killed before I even entered the battlefield, and after that I got stuck in de camera-mode. At some point I could see myself standing, while still in cameramode. I could walk around but not hit anyone, and the suddenly die. After that I watched in cameramode how the enemie walked up to the spot where I was supposed to respawn and he chainsawed the air and walk away. A few seconds later I respawn, take a few steps and splatter up in pieces. Probably from that chainsaw kill. :/

Old 12-21-2008, 02:38 PM

LOTJ-WedgeAntilles has much to be proud of
Wow saw this post at the top of todays post, and just saw how long ago this was added.

As far as the question goes, yes there is no doubt that Gears 2 is better than 1, to me that is
Old 12-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I would have to agree that Gears 2 is better than the first, as long as you don't try to play multiplayer on public Live, just set up a private match and it seems to work better.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:04 AM

MrsUnleashed has much to be proud of
I honestly couldnt choose between them... Yes GOW2 have some great "upgrades" etc... GOW still wins my heart over for some oddly reason... ^_^
Old 01-16-2009, 09:41 PM

AmerikasNtemaRe has much to be proud of
i like GOW2 better then the first. both are great games thou
Old 01-22-2009, 04:22 AM

kaungsanthu has much to be proud of
This is kind of saying if Vegas 2 is better than Vegas 1. Their both the same game basically. Personally I like gears 2 the meatshields and executions won me over. But once again the multi is just pathetic how many shots does it take to kill!?!?!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:33 PM

markm1992 has much to be proud of
gears 2 is way better than gears 1 and i loved gears 1. i think the gears 2 campaign is better than the first in the graphics and the actually campaign "playing" i guess. but i think the story line in the first one is alittle better. online i think has gotten 10x better in the second one.