11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-02-2008, 04:23 AM

Zelu is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhogan18 View Post
Whether she GENUINELY likes these games or is merely humoring me I dont yet know...
Yeah no kidding...
Old 10-02-2008, 06:37 AM

Sneek is a cornerstone of the community Sneek is a cornerstone of the community Sneek is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelu View Post
Never heard of it, worth checking out though. Thanks.
Ehm, not sure if you checked it out, but don't take Sensational serious, ever! Postal is as the title suggest. You play some guy who goes postal and you just kill random people. It's not that great, funny at times (at least the original was) but really not something the women I know get into :P
Old 10-04-2008, 11:46 PM

thatgirlhatesyou is a jewel in the community
Well what kind of movies is she into. If she's a horror fan maybe try some Silent Hill. Or maybe something that is plot heavy? CO Op though I think is an excellent way to get anyone into gaming since you're playing together and finding out what she maybe good at.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:56 AM

rexin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhogan18 View Post
I ran my own "experiment" on this cause I felt like my girlfriend was just blanking me whenever I mentioned anything to do with games.

So I started playing when she was around and casually offering her the controller so she could play, best if you say something like "I need to go take a shower, take over for me?".

From there we played through Resistance in co-op which she liked for the fact that we were both fighting next to each other. Then I rolled out COD4 and am currently getting her to a competent skill level on multiplayer.

Whether she GENUINELY likes these games or is merely humoring me I dont yet know...
you never know she could like it or she could only like it cause yor plauying with here try rainbow6 or any other co-op game and if she doesnt play inless yor with her then she just likes it cause she gets to do something with you
Old 10-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Enthusiast

Jaraj is a jewel in the community Jaraj is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaraj
Wish I had an answer for the opposite! I woman was a total gamehead when I met her. I love my games, but wow she is like a machine.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 PM

quintessenz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelu View Post
Alright so I have a a few questions for the members of gamerDNA. In the past month I have been trying to get my girlfriend into playing video games. Now this is different from anything like this I have ever done. With virtually everyone within my inner circle I have taught how to play video games. Well their all guys and we tended to all like the same genre's of games, with varying degrees of skills.

So far I'm in the process of running here through Halo 1 on co-op (FPS-wise). I have had her start a character on Oblivion (RPG-wise, until Fable 2 comes out so we can both play) and basically let her do whatever she wants, while answering her mountain of questions. Then I have her playing The Settler's: Rise of an Empire (RTS-wise) while advising her on what she should do. But I think I'm going to switch her over to Rome: Total War instead.

Well she's fairly adequate at Halo(for a complete noob) on normal. Then for Oblivion she has the tendency of giving me the controller whenever an undead comes near her and crying on what the wolf's dieing whine sounds like. As for the RTS's I set her on she often says it's "too boring".

So my training regiment is well under way but from recent experience's with her gaming it appears I'll need more tricks up my sleeve to get her hooked.

So do any of you gaming couple's have any advice, tips, tricks for me?
Psh whateva cracka
Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 PM

Blacklance has much to be proud of
I had my wife play WoW for a while, but she did not want to play on the same server as anyone of my friends or anyone she knew. I don't think she under stood the idea that if you don't have a community behind you in a game like that, you are most likely to stop playing.

She quit not too long afterwards and said that she did not have anyone to play with. I do hope that I can get her into WAR and help her with my guild.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:34 PM

Khalvynnov has much to be proud of
My wife don't like the what she calls "The Mindless Hack and Slash" games. Shes more into the one that makes you think (Brain Games). Too mind numbing to me.... if I can't kill it then it's just no fun.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 PM

spazure has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklance View Post
I had my wife play WoW for a while, but she did not want to play on the same server as anyone of my friends or anyone she knew. I don't think she under stood the idea that if you don't have a community behind you in a game like that, you are most likely to stop playing.

She quit not too long afterwards and said that she did not have anyone to play with. I do hope that I can get her into WAR and help her with my guild.
Wait, what?

"I don't want to play with other people!"
"I don't have anybody to play with!"

*boggle*

Chicks are weird. No wonder all my friends are guys.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Fortunately, my fiancee was already playing games like Harvest Moon when we started seeing eachother. Over the years, she's joined in on my Halo 3 nights and played along with Castle Crashers and Pokemon and such. I would suggest starting off with the more relaxed stuff like Harvest Moon, The Sims, etc. Not saying that girls can't play Counterstrike or fast-paced stuff, but to the uninitiated it is much easier to grasp the concepts of interactive media starting with something simpler.