11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Sports Junkies

View Poll Results: If MVP 05 was made back compatible, it would hurt 2k baseball sales
Yes, it would hurt sales cause 2K sucks at baseball 0 0%
No, the 2K series is great like it is 1 25.00%
Screw it, ive moved on to MLB The Show on PS3 2 50.00%
Whats baseball? 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Enthusiast

bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community
Xbox 360 Baseball games
I wish they would make mvp 2005 (BC) for the 360. I really think the only reason MS didn't make MVP 05 back compatible is that if they did it would seriously hurt new baseball game sales for the current 2k series of baseball games.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Enthusiast

bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community
There must not be much interest for baseball on this site

Old 05-14-2009, 06:50 AM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
I can't really see a baseball game from 2005 causing problems for the current gen games. While you might have liked it alot, I doubt that enough people share that opinion to make enough of a dent.

That's also part of the reason why it was probably never brought to BC. Sports games are known for having the most drop off, you can many times get a sports game from 2 years ago for $5 or less. So many come out and most of the hardcore sports gamers want the most up to date roster and features.

Honestly, While I am a huge baseball fan, I don't like most of the baseball games that came out. until I started playing The Bigs last year, I hadn't found a baseball game I liked since Bottome of the 9th for the N64, which I still play now and played regularly until I got The Bigs.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 PM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
I'm a HUGE baseball fan in real life (GO ASTROS!), but I generally don't like playing it in games (kinda like hockey). The only exception to that was when I played THE BIGS (like Pops40K) on the X360. The 'reality' in most baseball games turns me off. I liked THE BIGS because it had more of an 'arcade' style to it --- not as technical, easier to play/learn/master, and it had a fun, casual, playfulness to it (and it had licensed MLB rosters, too.)

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile