11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Fighting Games

Old 09-26-2008, 03:18 AM

dieselv2 has much to be proud of
UFC 2009 Undisputed
Quote:
UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts video game featuring Ultimate Fighting Championship properties and fighters currently in development by Yuke's Osaka and to be published by THQ. The game is slated to be released in Spring 2009 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. It is the first game to be released under THQ's 2007 agreement with the UFC, and it is to be the first UFC game released since UFC: Sudden Impact in 2004.

In a contrast to Yukes' pro-wrestling games, the new UFC game is described as a realistic mixed martial arts simulator by its developers. Over 100 UFC personalities will be featured, with over 80 of them being fighters from all five weight classes. The other characters will be prominent non-fighters such as broadcasters Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan, fight announcer Bruce Buffer, NSAC referee Mario Yamasaki, ring girl Arianny Celeste, cutman "Stitch" Duran and cornerman Juanito Ibarra. Models are highly-detailed with over 30,000 polygons used for fighter models. The variety of fighting styles used include boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and judo.

Yuke's will be using a brand new game engine and a new development team for the game, separate from its pro-wrestling game development team. Online gaming will be included.

Gamestop currently slated a release date of May 22, 2009.
I love the UFC and thank god they are not using the Smackdown vs. Raw engine, now that would suck. Personally I'm going to get this as soon as it arrive son the shelves. I'm looking forward to being Michael Bisping and getting him the title. It should be awesome as long as they don't put some crappy story mode or CAW system in. If they go for Story mode is should be based around TUF and then when you fight properly in UFC. But here's to an alternative to pro wrestling games.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:04 AM

angelinalove12 has much to be proud of
I also a fan of UFC.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:50 AM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
I can't see how they can make a realistic UFC game fun - part of UFC's appeal is that it's all about really slow, controlled, and intricate holds - I just don't imagine myself tapping the B button over and over again to avoid passing out from a Rear Naked Choke.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 PM

dorni has much to be proud of
Well, here are some links where you can see some gamemechanics:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/87...me_033109.html
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/87...nd_033109.html
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/87...al_031909.html
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/87...up_031909.html

Im into Martial Arts and have also trained (Im searching for a "Dojo" right now to train again, because I had some Troubles with the last sifu...), so I do know a ittle about fighting. Looking at the Trailers, Im not sure if should be excited about the game or not. On the one hand, it REALLY looks great, the fighters are exzellently made, the kicks and punches look great, and the Knock-Out mechanic seems awesome. But on the other hand, especially the ground-fights look a little undynamic, also combo-punches remind me a little of button-mashing. And there are only 6 stiles, 3 stand-stiles and 3 ground-stiles, so it could get boring when it all starts to look the same...

@imran: I think you mean the same thing as I do when I say "undynamic"
Old 04-09-2009, 03:34 PM

Its said, that next week we will get a store-update with an UFC 2009 demo!
http://www.play3.de/2009/04/09/ufc-2...nachste-woche/ --> its a german page, so you should look fpr similar news in english
Old 04-14-2009, 10:41 PM

Lord-Bentley has much to be proud of
This game is to be released 5-19-09 bet your ass i will be inline waiting for it the night befor. And its gonna be much then just tapping the b button to get out of a hold, oh and more then just holding ssomeone aswell. You must not watch much MMA/UFC
Old 04-16-2009, 06:21 PM

In the european psn the demo was delayed, it shall come next week. Lets hope the us-store will get it this week...
Old 04-24-2009, 02:37 PM

So, the demo hit stores! What are your opinions about?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:24 PM

SINZAR is community member of note
My flatmate and I have been playing the hell out of the demo all week. It's too bad that it's so unbalanced but we've still had a lot of memorable fights.

I can't wait to have a GSP/BJ Penn rematch. I'm going to beat that spoiled brat down again and again
Old 05-18-2009, 09:26 PM

Lord-Bentley has much to be proud of
This game is out 5-19-09 it is now 5-18-09 and long ass day at that...