11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 09-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
FAQ items turning black
(I clicked the vB link at the bottom left of the forum, then clicked the FAQ link in the breadcrumb trail, didn't find it through any menus or buttons or anything.)

I just found the FAQ, and noticed a very small, but slightly distracting issue:
If I hold my mouse over a question or answer, that item turns black, meaning invisible on the black background.

Here's a quick source code example:
(I just found a typo too at the end. )
The reason is that the contents of the {a} tag (wrong brackets on purpose) are turned black, apparently by the basic "a:hover" declaration in http://www.gamerdna.com/gcevent/epoc...ime_styles.css

Also the {a} never gets a {/a}, adding a lot of errors to the validation.
Writing "{a name="whatever"}{/a}Blabla" turns the contents, meaning nothing, black, so that's one solution.
I also recently discovered you can use lots of tags as bookmarks, including headers and paragraphs, so you don't even have to use {a}.
The following should work just fine.
Quote:

1.3 What are some of the things I can do on gamerDNA?

(I like lower case letters, since I want to be X(HT)ML compatible.)
Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
The FAQ that you have discovered is a hold over from Guild Cafe... we are in the process of putting together a new help/docs solution.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 10-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
It felt left over-ish, but then again I did read "gamerDNA" instead of GuildCafe, so I wasn't sure what was happening exactly.
Glad to hear you're working on the documentation.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:21 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
It probably said gamerDNA instead of GuildCafe because the name of the FAQ was a variable in Vbulletin that changed when we officially changed the name from guildcafe to gamerDNA.

But yeah, new guild documentation coming very soon!