11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 05-09-2009, 06:30 PM

Clone1138 has much to be proud of
I started FPS gaming on PC, but once the Xbox S-type controller came out I was totally hooked. It seems to give more control to strafing than WASD b/c of the analog stick. The controller is very ergonomic, but it's always a matter of perspective and preference.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:01 PM

vagabondher has much to be proud of
I was thinking about trying this on my MBP but wasn't sure if it could handle it:

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP11.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.2f10
Serial Number (system): W86290ZHVWZ
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Opinions?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:28 PM

NotU is a jewel in the community
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

It's intended for PC's, but I've been told that it does alright with OSX. I've never tried it, personally, though.

My Website

Old 06-26-2009, 04:12 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
I started playing FPS on N64 and have remained primarily a console shooter. Probably due to the fact I was unable to get a good PC until college. I've used both control setups and I'd say they're about equal. Depends on personal preference though. I've yet to play CoD on PC but kinda want to due to the increased number of players. More kills for me... . But I'll settle for being one of the best on 360. lol. And with regards to the PS3... The PS3 audience is not one that is good at shooters. If you're any good you should try it out. It's like Jesse Owens racing at the special olympics. Gets old a little fast though because you begin to feel sorry for them.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:42 AM

OwnageShot has much to be proud of
I enjoy FPS gaming more on XBOX 360 i find it easier. Im getting Modern Warfare 2 on it i can't wait

P.S if you have a 360 tell me your Gamertag.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:12 PM

Solnari has much to be proud of
I play it on the 360 they patched the pistols they fire slower but be careful who you accuse of having modded controllers some people (myself included) can fire very quickly using just a finger.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:15 PM

Burkewitz has much to be proud of
There are mouse and keyboard options out there. most of them crap, but there are 1 or 2 jewels among them that make them great. It doesn't allow you to do anything a controller or game mechanics are not capable of doing, and the in-game auto-aim/acceleration makes using a mouse a bit difficult on consoles, but if you can cope with those things (a small price to pay) then game on!
"I for one contribute to the influx of dubious information available on the internet, for what little time I can spare between buying yachts, running Microsoft, and giving in to your girlfriend badgering me for sex all the time is spent telling nerds what vaginas feel like."
~I can't remember when I wrote that.