11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 10-23-2008, 12:58 PM

GuidoGambino has much to be proud of
Keyboard and mouse rule over controllers. In my little world anyway. I prefer the option to pick your servers so you know you can join a punkbuster server and avoid 99% of hackers/cheaters. Then you only have to worry about the crazy good people instead.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanashi View Post
I don't know the major details, but you can research it for more info. All I know is they mod their controller so they get auto aim, and turbo buttons.
Kudos if you can implement an auto-aim feature by modding your controller!
(No kudos is you're actually using cheats.)
It's still a nice achievement if you can add auto-aim by modding the computer itself, since MS is pretty good about not allowing cheating on their platform.
Turbo buttons are a piece of cake on the other hand.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
Hey, there's a Mac version of the game too! :oP

As much fun as I've had with console shooters (Goldeneye, Halo, among others), mouselook just wins as an interface for me.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:41 PM

PJroast has much to be proud of
How is CoD4 on PC? I heard it really eats up RAM, but then again I do have a good graphics card and 2 GB RAM
Old 10-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJroast View Post
How is CoD4 on PC? I heard it really eats up RAM, but then again I do have a good graphics card and 2 GB RAM
I run it fine on a 6600GT and 2gb RAM.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:49 PM

Itoao has much to be proud of
I havent noticed cheating and I play on PC. Maybe its because I am not that observant. I played the one on 360 and I couldn't get into it. I just am more used to playing COD on PC.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:06 AM

MissBunny has much to be proud of
I play it on PC and 360. I prefer the PC because thats where I started gaming, so the mouse and keyboard just feels more natural.

COD4 on the 360 is great, but putting up with high latency is one major issue if I cant track down fellow aussies to shoot.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:25 PM

Corpsecrank has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERCOD View Post
I just can't play FPS games with a gamepad style controller! Try as I might, I always find that I have more control with a keyboard and mouse.

That said, I think graphics wise all three are on par with each other. I've got a buddy that swears by the 360 version, and I've played all three (PC, 360, PS3), but I just can't find any difference than my preference for a keyboard and mouse...
That is kinda what I think too. For a FPS keyboard and mouse are unmatched. You cannot move nearly as fast or accurate with a controller because your looking around with a stick and that does not match up to the speed of simply moving my hand around on the mouse pad with a laser mouse.

Once you get used to a keyboard and mouse setup all FPS games are basically the same thing as far as controls go.

But when it comes to cheating you will find that there are equal numbers for every platform. Play what your comfortable with and stick to anti-cheat servers for minimal headaches. But there will always be a work around for any anti-cheat software in place on all platforms.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:23 AM

Crimmastermind has much to be proud of
Though I've only played it on Xbox and PC, I prefer the Xbox, because the cheaters are usually only playing in Old School Free For All, which no-one really plays except to cheat and not get shouted at. Mostly its just people with modded controllers etc, but they're kinda rare
Old 04-23-2009, 06:36 AM

snafu7 is community member of note
I prefer to play it on PC, mainly because that's just how I've played shooters for pretty much my entire life.