11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 AM
Enthusiast

zoekoner has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to zoekoner
COD4 PC v.s. 306 v.s. PS3
i was running through some online glitching cheating ect. the question i pose is: how bad is the cheating on the PC v.s. the 360 or the PS3 v.s. the 360 since you can d/l cheats onto these platforms. i find that the biggest problem on the 360 is lag switchers as well as there being a lot of people with modded controllers. (which i dont mind as much as lag switching)
but yeah i would love to hear some opinions from those people who own COD4 on 2 platforms.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
I have never run into many games on the 360 that deal with cheating, but occasionally I have run into the controller guys; there is no possible way someone can get 20 head shots in a row. I have never had much of a problem with people lagging unless you count that 2 second bullet lag.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Enthusiast

Fragment is a jewel in the community
I haven't seen a single cheater in CoD4, but I play only on PunkBustered servers (which you should anyways).
Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
I've seen plenty people join and get kicked before they could even spawn for using cheats, but yes punkbuster seems to do the job quite efficiently, though sometimes it does have it's problems, but that's only now and again
Old 09-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Enthusiast

zoekoner has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to zoekoner
maybe i should move to the computer im so sick of cheaters
Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Enthusiast

Dark-Crenshaw has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanashi View Post
I have never run into many games on the 360 that deal with cheating, but occasionally I have run into the controller guys; there is no possible way someone can get 20 head shots in a row. I have never had much of a problem with people lagging unless you count that 2 second bullet lag.
what do you mean by "the controller guys" Kanashi? Is that like the crab running guys in gears 1? (you know who you are >.< )
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Crenshaw View Post
what do you mean by "the controller guys" Kanashi? Is that like the crab running guys in gears 1? (you know who you are >.< )
I don't know the major details, but you can research it for more info. All I know is they mod their controller so they get auto aim, and turbo buttons.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:14 AM

darknessreaver has much to be proud of
On PC hackers are rare on our server but ours is a modded server with PB as well as streaming www.pbbans.com/ so those banned on other servers are banned on ours to (if their banned for hacking). I'm pretty sure it works somthing like that. and Its very satifieing to see a little message on the side of your screen say <idiotsnamehere> banned for AIMBOT or WALLHACK.

www.thecompanyhub.com
Feel free to stop by anytime and play with us or just hang out on Team speak.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 AM

VENOM-OF-SINS is a jewel in the community VENOM-OF-SINS is a jewel in the community
I own it on PC and on the 360. Played it on the PS3 as well. Honestly, it all pretty much looks the same on all three platforms if you have a good PC gaming rig. It all comes down to my preference in controls. I think the 360 controller fits in my hands quite nice, while the PS3 does a decent job and the PC just kicks the bucket with a busy and tight button setup.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 AM
Enthusiast

KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community
I just can't play FPS games with a gamepad style controller! Try as I might, I always find that I have more control with a keyboard and mouse.

That said, I think graphics wise all three are on par with each other. I've got a buddy that swears by the 360 version, and I've played all three (PC, 360, PS3), but I just can't find any difference than my preference for a keyboard and mouse...