11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 PM

Soph has much to be proud of
.Hack Series
Alright I want to start by saying that I love this site so far and if this thread/post is not something I should be postng just let me know...so with that out of the way:

Hear ye Hear ye, this is a calling to all the gamers out there that have heard of and would like to discuss the .Hack series of games, anime, manga, all the sorts!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 PM

Zelu is community member of note
Thumbs up
Woot, great series of games and anime.

Busy now be back later to discuss it later .
Old 09-24-2008, 02:17 AM

Squirrelznflight has much to be proud of
Ah, I love them, though I've only completed the manga Legend of the Twilight, the LoTT anime, and the books narrated by Blackrose. I'm working on the original games, but I'm only on #3 Outbreak. I tried reading the G.U. manga... could barely force myself to finish #1.

Otherwise I've no experience with Roots, G.U., and the rest. I have to say Balmung's love of The World really struck a chord.
Last edited by Squirrelznflight : 09-28-2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: gah... look at me getting 'anime' and 'manga' mixed up...
Old 09-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
The games were pretty good, I liked them a lot. The Anime were rather good as well. They had a masterful taste to the way they unfolded. Though confusing at times, I think they turned out great.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 AM

I'm glad I can find a fanbase here too, I love all things to do with it, but due to lack of funds my archive is rather minimal, I have the Legend of the Twilight Bracelet series of manga, and the 1st and 2nd games of the R1 group, I also have the third G.U. game cause a buddy was selling super cheap and I couldn't pass it up, but I can't play it cause I'm a stickler for doing things in order
Lets do some favorite charater naming, like I heard Balmungs name mentioned, I do greatly love his dedication to the players of The World...
Old 09-24-2008, 05:22 AM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
Hmm, I would have to say I like Bear and Sora, and Haseo from GU.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:34 PM

Nice picks, I love Ouka, for more than the obvious physical anatomy reasons, her dedication to leveling up and fighting to the end is realy inspiring, plus her hatered of cheaters is something I can relate to...
Old 09-25-2008, 04:30 AM

Well sadly I've lost touch with the series. I have little to know idea what's going on in the Manga/Anime now.

I got to Outbreak as well then my memory card got wiped (grr...) and since, I haven't replayed the first 2 to get my awesome character back.

I own the //Sign series that was a prologue to the games and it is among my favorite anime (every time I watch it it makes more sense, hard series to follow).
Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
I think if they'd combined all four in to one game 1/4 the length of all four, it would be a classic. But they didn't. I started out obsessed with how cool the game was, but they beat that out of me by the middle of game 2. :/ Good concept though.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 09-26-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
but they beat that out of me by the middle of game 2. :/
Pretty much. It got way too repetitive after awhile. I pretty much knew what each one of my gaming sessions would have me doing.

Buy gear and supplies from Root Town-Call my team to help come kick some ass-Go to dungeon-Kill everything in dungeon-Fight a boss that can't be killed other then the Drain Bracelet thingie-Cutscene that makes you go "wtf".

Aside from that they had some cool features. Like the Message Boards an the mountains of things you could unlock. Plus at the end of every game they opened a new dungeon for you plus a new Boss and a sweet ass weapon to boot.