11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:36 AM

Six has much to be proud of
So...
Is this just gonna turn out to be a WoW add-on? MMO is the biggest forum by far and all the results for all the quizzes, each quiz result's most played game is WoW.

This seems to be for PC and tabletop and not so much for consoles...
Old 09-22-2008, 03:51 AM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
This is a multi-game multi-platform site, and it is in beta, so yes not everything is going to be covered straight away, have patience, and welcome to the site
Old 09-22-2008, 07:06 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
Is this just gonna turn out to be a WoW add-on? MMO is the biggest forum by far and all the results for all the quizzes, each quiz result's most played game is WoW.

This seems to be for PC and tabletop and not so much for consoles...
gamerDNA's roots are a company/site called GuildCafe, which about 100,000+ of our members come from that site (which we later broadened out and redesigned to gamerDNA). GuildCafe was an all MMO site, so a big chunk of our community is going to be a bit biased towards the MMOs.

We launched gamerDNA on June 12th so we're still gradually growing beyond an all MMO site to a general gaming community.

That is the reason the quiz results are biased towards WoW right now. We're working on that formula now so that it doesn't always show WoW. We want it to be a bit more interesting than that

We've got a growing number of FPS players here and a growing number of Xbox 360 gamers, partly because of our sister site www.360voice.com.

Hope you stick around, we've got a lot of cool stuff coming out in the next couple months
Old 09-22-2008, 07:35 AM

I guess that all makes sense...

Beg 360V to plug you more, I've been using that thing since Feb 07 and I've never heard of ya, found you off Kotaku
Old 09-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Hey Six, welcome to the site!

Your Sonic sig looks like it's a recording of the entire level.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:45 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
I guess that all makes sense...

Beg 360V to plug you more, I've been using that thing since Feb 07 and I've never heard of ya, found you off Kotaku
Haha, considering we own and run 360V, I don't think we need to beg Right now we just have the gamerDNA bar at the top of the screen on every page at 360Voice. In the future we are going to do more, but more on that later
Old 09-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast

Jono00 is a jewel in the community
Send a message via ICQ to Jono00 Send a message via MSN to Jono00
Hey there Six, welcome to gamerDNA!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Enthusiast

DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
Hi and welcome to the site I hope you enjoy your stay
I belive their is a few posts about console games in the other forums. Ofc MMOs is the biggest part as QforQ said
Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 AM

I saw the bar but I thought that's because I went right there from here, like when you got the bar at the top from GameRankings or Google Images.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Enthusiast

zoekoner has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to zoekoner
lol six why not give voices to those counsels on the forums
welcome to gamerdna hope you enjoy your stay