11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Fighting Games

Old 02-14-2009, 02:10 AM

xDirtyWeaponry has much to be proud of
Me and cammy taking hearts. i can't wait till it drops.

"I'll go against a tank with a shank for my dreams and that's my f*ckin word" - Stic. Man Of Dead Prez
Old 02-14-2009, 04:12 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I don't think it's coming to arcades here in the US, just consoles. I'm looking forward very much. Spent many an afternoon after school in junior high plunking all my quarters into the SFII Championship cabinet at my local bowling alley. These days, I fully expect to be trounced, but I still have fun.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:48 PM

PCGamer has much to be proud of
I really like SF games and I was so excited when I heard the SFIV will be out for PC. I can't wait!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Venom1983PRO has set foot on a distinguished road
Did anyone else feel a bit disappointed with the game on the 360?

I had SF2 on the SNES when it game out, and to me it hasnt ruined the series at all it just isn't quite as good, or am I staring at it through rose tinted goggles!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom1983PRO View Post

I had SF2 on the SNES when it game out, and to me it hasnt ruined the series at all it just isn't quite as good, or am I staring at it through rose tinted goggles!
I bought the 360 version and wasn't the least bit disappointed. I've been playing since the original arcade SFII, and IV brought up many fond memories.

The temptation to view things through the hazy lens of nostalgia is strong, but you must resist. View each game you play, regardless of if it's a new or continuing series, as a new experience, complete and whole unto itself. That's how I enjoyed the Star Wars prequels. Hardly paragons of film-making prowess, but I had fun watching them, and that's all I really expect from my entertainment. If it makes me think, all the better, but that's not expected in everything I partake of.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:39 PM

Venom1983PRO has set foot on a distinguished road
I knew it wasn't the same game and yes I will agree that it is good but i still think its missing something special that the original had just cant put my finger on it!

Old 05-14-2009, 07:40 AM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom1983PRO View Post
yeah, I was really disappointed. maybe it's because I'm not one of the hardcore fans of the series, but it really felt like I'd have gotten the same thing just purchasing street fighter 2 off the live arcade.

As one of my friends said, and I kind of agree, there's no real reason for this to be a full price current generation game other than the hardcore fan base is there and they'll put out the money for it. If it didn't say Street Fighter on it, I can't see it selling well at this price, even if it was an identical game just different names and skins.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:28 PM

MajinK has much to be proud of
Street Fighter 4 wasn't as good as I thought It would be but it got things done. I just wish the online community didn't revolve around using only akuma, ken, ryu or sagat.