11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!


Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Fighting Games


Post Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Sabexxs's Avatar
Sabexxs Sabexxs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 37
Sabexxs has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Sabexxs Send a message via Skype™ to Sabexxs
Street Fighter IV
It's been a while since there has been a new street fighter and I think Street Fighter IV will be worth the wait. With the Street Fighter 2 characters, as well as Akuma, making a comeback it will be just like old times. There are a few new characters in the mix also. On the console versions some other favorites will appear like Cammy and I think Fei Long and Dan, as well. I cannot wait to play Street Fighter IV, can you?

Here's a trailer
__________________
Even in the brightest light there is darkness.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM
rexin's Avatar
rexin rexin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new york,new york
Posts: 65
rexin has much to be proud of
o man im dieing to play this is my fav fighting series ever i just hope the jump doesnt lame it up lke the ex series
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Myrothantos's Avatar
Myrothantos Myrothantos is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shimonoseki, Japan
Posts: 13
Myrothantos has much to be proud of
Lucky for me, I live in Japan. I never really had interest in fighting games before, they were always kind of a mystery to me, like, "what's the appeal?" Then I saw Street Fighter IV in the arcades, and the smoothness of the gameplay and graphics blew me away, I thought, "I have to try this!" And ever since then, for maybe the past four weeks or so, I've dropped like $50 a week into it, it's pretty much a full time hobby now.

At first I lost every single match, not having much experience with fighting games before. I'd say now I win about 25% of the time. From what I can tell, this game doesn't change much at all from Street Fighter II Turbo, aside from the Saving / Focus Attack system.

I use Ken and Chun-Li as my mains.

The feeling you get from winning in this game is unrivaled. Finish someone with an Ultra Combo and you'll probably spooge yourself as every hit connects in slow motion.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Sabexxs's Avatar
Sabexxs Sabexxs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 37
Sabexxs has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Sabexxs Send a message via Skype™ to Sabexxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrothantos View Post
Lucky for me, I live in Japan. I never really had interest in fighting games before, they were always kind of a mystery to me, like, "what's the appeal?" Then I saw Street Fighter IV in the arcades, and the smoothness of the gameplay and graphics blew me away, I thought, "I have to try this!" And ever since then, for maybe the past four weeks or so, I've dropped like $50 a week into it, it's pretty much a full time hobby now.

At first I lost every single match, not having much experience with fighting games before. I'd say now I win about 25% of the time. From what I can tell, this game doesn't change much at all from Street Fighter II Turbo, aside from the Saving / Focus Attack system.

I use Ken and Chun-Li as my mains.

The feeling you get from winning in this game is unrivaled. Finish someone with an Ultra Combo and you'll probably spooge yourself as every hit connects in slow motion.
Nice!! If only I could find an arcade here that has it I would be playing non-stop. Ken and Chun-Li are my mains as well!!
__________________
Even in the brightest light there is darkness.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Sabexxs's Avatar
Sabexxs Sabexxs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 37
Sabexxs has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Sabexxs Send a message via Skype™ to Sabexxs
Gouken makes his in-game appearance

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21716
__________________
Even in the brightest light there is darkness.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Sabexxs's Avatar
Sabexxs Sabexxs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 37
Sabexxs has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Sabexxs Send a message via Skype™ to Sabexxs
Sakura in-game!!



Akuma AKA Gouki in-game!!



Bad news for Cammy fans, though she won the popularity poll Cammy is still being considered as a playable character on consoles.
__________________
Even in the brightest light there is darkness.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2008, 09:32 AM
angelinalove12 angelinalove12 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 16
angelinalove12 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabexxs View Post
Gouken makes his in-game appearance

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21716

Video is really very nice. Thank for the link.
__________________
Wii fit
nintendo wii
Wii Games
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Imran's Avatar
Imran Imran is offline
gamerDNA Staff
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 431
Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabexxs View Post
Sakura in-game!!



Akuma AKA Gouki in-game!!



Bad news for Cammy fans, though she won the popularity poll Cammy is still being considered as a playable character on consoles.
Actually, I think they recently confirmed Cammy as being in the game - so fear not, fans!

But yeah, I am totally stoked for this game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Dark-Crenshaw's Avatar
Dark-Crenshaw Dark-Crenshaw is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Woburn, MA
Posts: 130
Dark-Crenshaw has much to be proud of
Yes! Yes! Yes! I saw this game playable at Comicon '08 and it looks awesome. Too bad no arcades in my area to try it out but I'm very excited for it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Sabexxs's Avatar
Sabexxs Sabexxs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 37
Sabexxs has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Sabexxs Send a message via Skype™ to Sabexxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran View Post
Actually, I think they recently confirmed Cammy as being in the game - so fear not, fans!

But yeah, I am totally stoked for this game.
Cool, I just wish that they would put Hugo in the game that's who got my vote.
__________________
Even in the brightest light there is darkness.
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off