View Poll Results: I am a:
Hardcore Gamer 26 18.84%
Casual Gamer 17 12.32%
More hardcore, less casual 55 39.86%
More Casual, less hardcore 40 28.99%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
I play a large amount, and I get into the math of the game where applicable, but I still play to have fun. For example, in WoW, I'll take talents that are fun even if they won't squeeze out the optimum amount of DPS. I'd say I'm mostly hardcore.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
I just really like playing games. But, I mean I really like them. So... I guess I'm like intensely casual or something? I dunno...man this is a tough decision.

I don't *feel* casual.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 10-28-2008, 03:43 PM

BigDaddyDre has much to be proud of
when soloing... casual, when grouped up, its all about the fun factor... so "hardcore" can come into play, especially in an intense pvp session.... but I am old now and dont play as many hours as I used to, so i guess powerplayer/hardcore are not me anymore
Old 10-31-2008, 06:40 PM

wrath99 has much to be proud of
i consider my self a hardcore gamer. I play 40 hours a week easily probly closer to 60 hours. And when i get a good game ill log hundreds or thousands of hours in no time. but thats hardcore by my definition.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 PM

MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC
HARDCORE ,why play for FUN ?
Why do they keep score in sports games ? I play ranked so i can be #1 . I am usually #1 from 1 year to 18 months ! Then the Glitchers & Boosters show up to force the death of the game so you'll go buy the next better version .
Old 11-19-2008, 02:31 PM

Wsspook has much to be proud of
I have to say I lean more on the hardcore end of things because I cannot just get up and walk away from games that I enjoy. Usually if I like a game I will sit down and not get up until I beat it or I pass out (which is usually just a shift of positions).
Old 11-25-2008, 02:19 AM

Calite is a jewel in the community Calite is a jewel in the community
More hardcore, less casual.

This really depends on what you define hardcore and casual as, but going by either time played or how much you get into the game, this option fits me well.

I'll min/max, and I'll get really competitive, but fun comes first in the long run. Additionally, I play as often as I can, but I'll drop a game to do something more important with little hesitation.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:33 AM

Cruor has much to be proud of
I would definitely call myself casual. I see games as a good way to unwind after a long day. I've never been a fan of ranked playlists, because I always like to have the chance to do something random and spontaneous the liven the game up a bit, and that never goes over well when people are worrying about their scores.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:44 PM

TormentoR6 has much to be proud of
more hardcore, less casual.... got to be competitive but have a little fun
Old 12-17-2008, 02:56 PM

doxxan is community member of note
More Hardcore, Less Casual

I love games, and play them for hours at a time. Granted, I only manage a mere 2-3hrs a day, but can usually squeeze in a few more hours during the weekend.

I play to have fun with friends, so in that respect I'm casual I guess. But while playing with friends, I'm intensely competitive, whilst fair. A slim win is much better than a complete and utter dominance in my book.

In the end though, it's really what you think of yourself, not how much or how extreme you play.

"What is darkness? It doesn't exist where there's light, and without light, it's nothing..."