View Poll Results: I am a:
Hardcore Gamer 26 18.84%
Casual Gamer 17 12.32%
More hardcore, less casual 55 39.86%
More Casual, less hardcore 40 28.99%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I voted "More hardcore, less casual", but actually I consider myself neither.
I pretty much wrote why already in this thread (in particular this, and especially this post, if you don't mind missing the flow of the conversation) so I won't write it all again.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
More casual, less hardcore - but like Retodon8, there isn't a box definition for most gamers. Or even a half-box. I run a TF2 clan - does that make me hardcore?

Side note, best excuse ever: I'm married to a game designer, I can't help it!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Enthusiast

Fragment is a jewel in the community
Hmm...I'm at a bit of a loss here, because although I probably only play 1-2 hours a day, I get really competitive, flaming and whatnot.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Enthusiast

zoekoner has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to zoekoner
depends on the game if i get into a game i get into it ya know 6-12 hours...
Old 09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
Definitely depends on the game, and how much I'm into it. Also depends on whether the gameplay promotes competitiveness, socialization, or both.

I have a tendency to min/max, play until I beat a level, work until I master a map, etc....so probably that makes me hardcore to an extent or just neurotic take your pick.
Last edited by Drunkenfairy : 09-23-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Apparently spelling and I are not friends today >.>
Old 09-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I voted hardcore, I play to win, I play to compete, I powergame. Gaming is more than just a "hobby" for me I guess.
Last edited by Sensational : 09-25-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:54 AM

Prof3c has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Prof3c
Im more of a die hard gamer... Win or loose I heart the thrill of gunfire and mayhem
Old 09-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
If time spent equals hardcore then I'd rather be casual.

That being said, in the time I do play I'm focused 100% on putting a bullet in your head, backstabbing you, clearing Black Temple, etc

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..."
Old 09-25-2008, 03:56 PM

Else has much to be proud of
I'm extremely hardcore when it comes to gaming, because when I'm not doing college things, I'm gaming. It's the only way I like to spend my freetime. :> Oh and I work in the MMORPG industry, so I'm forced to stick with hardcore. Not that's a problem or anything..
Old 09-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Else View Post
I'm extremely hardcore when it comes to gaming, because when I'm not doing college things, I'm gaming. It's the only way I like to spend my freetime. :> Oh and I work in the MMORPG industry, so I'm forced to stick with hardcore. Not that's a problem or anything..
That is how I do most of my time, if I'm not working on college work, or art I'm gaming!