11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-17-2009, 10:55 PM

paperfan9000 is community member of note
OMGZ! New Metroid Title
After getting all the coverage on E3, I couldn't help but notice a trailer for a Wii game that (in all honesty) I thought Nintendo would not likely go for. It is a project that they're collaborating with Team Ninja on, and the trailer was simply a montage of their work so far.

If the first thing that comes to your mind is the trailer for Metroid: Other M, then you're spot-on accurate. The trailer showed a well-presented combination of gameplay and cutscene clips, and I couldn't help but watch it more than 5 times just to mentally dissect it.

After taking it all in, I found a wealth of eye-candy, as well as a few points of interest:

1. Melee combat, which is a first for the Metroid franchise.

2. Mother Brain, a villain that we have not seen since Metroid: Zero Mission.

3. Adam Malkovich, who held a medium-sized role in Fusion.

4. Ridley battle. Hey, the alien dragon is awesome, so no flames (no pun intended).

For those of you who have seen the trailer, please post your comments on what excited you the most. You can also say what you did NOT like, too; I won't bite (as long as you're not a troll).

For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, please visit the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKF-41aDlSQ&feature=fvst
Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 AM

flyingwarpigs has set foot on a distinguished road
I can't wait for this game. I'm a little iffy about it. It looks.... different. But hey, it's nintendo. They have never gone wrong with a big title like Metroid Prime before. I think I've gotten to used to the fps metroid prime games. They did say they are going back to a more "traditional" style. So it should be great. I was still disappointed they didn't have anything to say about a wii zelda

Follow me on twitter! - www.twitter.com/infamous14