11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Fighting Games

Old 07-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Putting this one firmly in the fighting genre, and I'm okay with that.

About crapped myself when I loaded up the PS Store the other day and saw this among the new demos. I couldn't get my PSP hooked up fast enough. Since then I have been playing it over and over and over and you get the idea.

For those who don't already have this on pre-order, here's the basics: Take Power Stone (DC), add in every favorite character from every Final Fantasy game ever made, then make the arenas easily traversed, and boom. Dissidia.

Squenix wisely added a touch of strategy other than hammering the attack button until you win. You have your HP bar, pretty standard, but you also have a "Bravery" rating that affects how hard you can hit your opponent. You have two different kinds of attacks. One deals damage, the other reduces your opponent's Bravery. And gives it to you, allowing you to do more damage. And there's a bit more. EX orbs drop every time you whack your opponent over the head, and occasionally an EX Core will show up on the map, each filling up your EX Gauge. Once the gauge is filled, you can enter EX Mode, giving your attacks more bite and allowing a Limit Break style super attack that is extremely flashy (this is a Squenix game, after all) and usually quite damaging.

So, how does this all play out? I'm assuming everybody reading this is a fan of Final Fantasy, and has therefore at least watched Advent Children. Remember that bit at the end, when Cloud and Sephiroth are running along the outside of buildings, jumping between bits of debris and swinging their swords? Yeah, it's almost exactly like that, except you're controlling it.

One month. One goddamn month until this thing is released.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:14 AM

Lianna has set foot on a distinguished road
I played this for about 10 minutes at E3 before I let my sister have a turn, and we were like... peeing ourselves in excitement. It looks so beautiful and you're right about the button-mashing.. It's like, strategic button-mashing!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 PM

Terrorast has much to be proud of
looks quite good i ges, a bit different to what Square Enix have done before but ges you gotta try it a chance
Old 08-13-2009, 02:17 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Just under two weeks remaining...
Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 AM

Trainer23667 has much to be proud of
I nearly gave myself a heart attack when I found out a Dissidia demo was released. When I finally finished having my fanboy moment, I actually played....but....
then I couldn't put my PSP down afterwards until it died. XDD I can't wait to actually get this when it does come out. I want to play as Sqaull so badly, as well as to see how Tidus and many others play. >w<

Need....self...control....*deep breathes* xD
Old 09-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Savant

Been messing about with the video editor on Dissidia, and have a basic fight that I've posted on Youtube. I'm also gonna post it here. Please excuse the quality, as I literally posted it 3 minutes ago and youtube's servers may not have it fully proccessed.