11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

View Poll Results: What was your favorite part of Spore?
Cell Stage 1 5.56%
Create Stage 3 16.67%
Tribal Stage 2 11.11%
Civilization Stage 0 0%
Space Stage 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2008, 06:58 PM

flickenmaste has much to be proud of
Well...in the real game..not the CC you will be able to make your own vehicles and space ships and that seems very cool!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
I have been hearing about this game, but really didn't give it much of a look. I decided I should check it out today; and I have to say that it does look interesting. This one, I may give a go, provided I am able to do much gaming toward the end of the year.

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 07-01-2008, 06:29 AM

flickenmaste has much to be proud of
It just looks like a very fun game, with lots of stuff to do, mix of RPG and RTS..sounds promising for a game!

www.spore.com/view/profile/flickenmaste

my monsters

Old 07-08-2008, 05:26 PM

Sanguineus is a jewel in the community Sanguineus is a jewel in the community
I think the idea is just great. The one thing I worry about is that it's almost a completely single player game. I know that player content can be pulled from the server and input into your games, but I wonder about the AI and things like that.
We'll see, hopefully it lives up to the hype!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:41 PM

Orzo is community member of note
Its coming....

http://www.turtleonabus.com/

Count down to release in Europe.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
It released yesterday in Europe.

My combat fighter!

My spaceship for galactic exploration!

Now for my opinion:

The tools are great, the game is... meh. You get to Space thingy fairly quickly (couple of hours).

The first stage is a lot of fun, hope something similar comes to the NDS or PSP. I know its coming to Iphone.

2nd stage was meh. And it doesn't really get much better. The city vs city stuff was fun, with my Xwing army destroying everything. And the running around through space in Serenity is cool as well. But actually playing the game... meh.

Cant be bothered to play it long enough to unlock all of the goodies needed for terraforming and planetary destruction.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Enthusiast

eidanch is a jewel in the community eidanch is a jewel in the community
EPIC fail for EA, as they got SPORE leaked yesterday. Pirates will have the game 4-3 days before the release. EA sort of deserve it for the employment of the "Nazi" software protection system SecuROM. For those of you who are no familiar with this one allow me to introduce: You have to play once in each 10 day or the game will stop working and you need reinstall. After 3 times reinstalling the game it stops working and you need to buy it again.

Bottom line: EA FAIL !

By E.C.
Pro Gamer.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:19 PM

Sanguineus is a jewel in the community Sanguineus is a jewel in the community
Wow, that is pretty bad. I think one issue they had is they hyped it too much and delayed it too long. Pirates had plenty of time to find the game, crack it and then release it before actual release, so in a way they defeated themselves. As for game play, I still haven't played, but I kinda got that feeling that it would be fun in the creature/vehicle builders, but after that be kinda boring. Still gonna check it out, but I doubt many will be choosing the "buy it again" option...
Old 09-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by eidanch View Post
EPIC fail for EA, as they got SPORE leaked yesterday. Pirates will have the game 4-3 days before the release. EA sort of deserve it for the employment of the "Nazi" software protection system SecuROM. For those of you who are no familiar with this one allow me to introduce: You have to play once in each 10 day or the game will stop working and you need reinstall. After 3 times reinstalling the game it stops working and you need to buy it again.

Bottom line: EA FAIL !
That's really, REALLY f-ed up. If I buy a game - I expect to be able to play it as little or as much as I want, when I want; and to be able to install it and uninstall it as much as I want.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast

eidanch is a jewel in the community eidanch is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
That's really, REALLY f-ed up. If I buy a game - I expect to be able to play it as little or as much as I want, when I want; and to be able to install it and uninstall it as much as I want.
Agreed, I still don't understand why would they do that. As far as I remember they announced the SecuROM, Canceled it and then announced it again. Further more, one needs to pay for the game and then reinstall it once a while till he loses the game completely while the pirate gets the cracked game for no charge and no chance of losing it. Pirates only lose the so called "multi-player" which is nothing more then global content sharing. Anyway, Costumers lose, Pirates win.

By E.C.
Pro Gamer.