11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 09-14-2008, 06:59 PM

Skarwolf has much to be proud of
Xbox Saved Games to Xbox 360... Possible?
Anyone have idea's ?

I'f I'm somehow able to transfer the saves to my computer then to the xbox...
Old 09-15-2008, 06:35 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Q: Can I transfer saved games or downloaded content between my Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles?
A: No. In fact, all downloaded content and many saved games already cannot be transferred from one Xbox console to another. However, all free downloadable content for original Xbox games plus premium content for Halo® 2 is available free. Simply insert the game disc, connect to Xbox LIVE, and choose to download this content as you would on an original Xbox.
That is quoted from Xbox.com and should answer your question.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:12 AM

Skarwolf has much to be proud of
Thanks. I'm just playing fable the lost chapters again on the 360... I just started over :P
Old 09-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Enthusiast

DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
you sure you couldnt use the same device as you use to transfer your Bejeweled2 games to your computer?
Old 09-24-2008, 12:51 AM

Myrothantos has much to be proud of
Man, I don't even think you can transfer saved Xbox games on your 360 to another 360. When my 360 was on the verge of death, I backed everything up on a friend's memory card before trading it in for a non-dying 360. All my 360 games, content, etc., transferred fine. Fable saves? Halo 1 saves? Nope, there wasn't even a transfer option, just like "Details" or "Delete," that was it. So frustrating.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:42 AM

ThaJinx has much to be proud of
Original XBox saves (whether it's from an XBox or an XBox360) cannot be transferred by any means that Microsoft makes available. It is possible to mod your Box so that you can save the files to your computer, and then transfer it over to another modded Box, but modifying/hacking the console will void your warranty, so you may want to be careful.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

ThaJinkx you only need to buy anotehr cable that dit into your HD. And that wont void your warranty. But ofc you want to be carefull anyway
Old 09-30-2008, 07:29 AM

Myrothantos has much to be proud of
Yeah, I know there's ways around it, I just find Microsoft's lack of enthusiasm for backwards compatibility hugely annoying. If you paid money for games and a system, you should have as much control over it as possible. I just don't see what possible security breach transferring an old Xbox save to a 360 and back could possibly pose. If it's not security they're worried about, is it just laziness? It still boggles my mind that some Xbox games can't be played on a 360. That to me is borderline unforgivable, and truly a step backwards in the world of gaming. When a third Xbox comes out, how complicated is it going to get? "Oh, some Xbox games can be played on a 360, but only some of those can be played on the new Xbox. Only some Xbox 360 games can be played on the new Xbox. etc." If the reasons are technical, then I would go so far as to say that the 360 is poorly designed. Fully functioning backwards compatibility MUST become the industry standard, and new systems should be designed with this in mind from the get-go, either through compatible hardware, or the creation of emulation software that is given equal importance to the newer system design.

But I digress. It just annoys me that when you put in a memory card and want to manipulate your save files for Xbox games on a 360, you can't do squat "officially" or easily.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Enthusiast

I think its becuse they was trying to make you keep the Xbox and perhaps make other people buy it. ofc I to think its stupid, since I might not want to keep a old system for just 1 or 2 games
Old 09-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrothantos View Post
[...] I just find Microsoft's lack of enthusiasm for backwards compatibility hugely annoying. If you paid money for games and a system, you should have as much control over it as possible. I just don't see what possible security breach transferring an old Xbox save to a 360 and back could possibly pose. If it's not security they're worried about, is it just laziness?
It's usually a mix of laziness, cost reduction (aka marketing), and, yes, control. They do like having control over what you do, and a console platform gives them that. Why do you think they're treating Windows PC games like ... what's the expression... like a red-headed stepchild? It appears to me that they'd prefer for all gaming to move to the console where they have complete control over what you do, but as Microsoft, they can not be seen to openly disrespect their own core offering.

It's very much about control. Of course, if you say that about some game that wants to limit which programs can run on your computer (say, SecuROM infected games), you'll be called "young and inexperienced" or else a "hardcore player who doesn't understand that most people are casual gamers." And these accusations come from someone who, really, doesn't care about giving up control.

However, in this case it's also probable that, to make it easier for game developers to load and save games, they save in a platform-specific format.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --