11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Peacekeeper

Krallang is an unknown quantity at this point
Fps 2007
I haven't really been following any FPS's in development. Anything on the horizon coming out anytime in 2007 that is going to be truely amazing and fun for the FPS genre?

Anything like Planetside on the horizon?

Any games featuring 64 vs 64 or larger combat? these are the kinda games I'm looking for. For smaller scale battles I'll be content with halo 3 8p

Old 01-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

Jerec is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Jerec Send a message via MSN to Jerec
Well, there's Unreal Tournament 2007 which sounds awesome, and I just recently heard of a game called Left 4 Dead which should come out in March or so. It's sort of like cooperative survival-horror with zombies. If you want to hear more about the game, and trust me, it sounds fantastic, then check out the Game for Windows Magazine podcast. It's the one dated 12/19.
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot Crysis

Last edited by Jerec : 01-05-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
check out the blog my friend you asked and I will provide
http://www.guildcafe.com/blogs/viewb...=236&userid=11

FYI i show vids and Jerc he knows all the info basically if you think you like the way it looks then ask him and he can let you know about the details

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 01-10-2007, 02:07 AM

Droniac has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krallang View Post
I haven't really been following any FPS's in development. Anything on the horizon coming out anytime in 2007 that is going to be truely amazing and fun for the FPS genre?

Anything like Planetside on the horizon?

Any games featuring 64 vs 64 or larger combat? these are the kinda games I'm looking for. For smaller scale battles I'll be content with halo 3 8p

Some FPS games being released in 2007 the likes of which you've asked for are:

Unreal Tournament 2007 with it's new massive Conquest gamemode

Huxley an MMOFPS, although it offers small-scale combat as well

Project: Offset all-out castle sieges with masses of players riding dragons and firing arrows at one another

Savage 2 Natural Selection on a larger scale and with a fantasy setting - awesome fun, or at least the original was

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Battlefield done better? (Although undoubtedly no match for ET, which wasn't even a match for RtCW)

Team Fortress 2 While slightly smaller in scale than what you requested. This is still a truly classic example of teambased FPS play.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:09 AM

Tenshi has much to be proud of
Is everyone forgettin' that CRYSIS seems to comming out this year? Not to mention the sweetness you get to taste from all those Direct X 10 features etc...YUMMY I'M LOVIN' IT!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:46 AM

Droniac has set foot on a distinguished road
The OP asked for 64x64 games, so I listed only those.
Crysis is most certainly not a 64x64 game - heck, it's likely that most servers will have issues with more than 16 players at once, considering how demanding that game must be...

Anyway, should one be interested in FPS games other than those offering 64x64 combat, then one should list:
Cellfactor: Revolution
Crysis
Half Life 2: Episode 2
Left4Dead
Medal of Honor: Airborne
S.T.A.L.K.E.R

As for the game that will be most like PlanetSide this year: Huxley.
It's yet another MMOFPS like PlanetSide, except it doesn't play out in a seamless world, but rather utilizes instancing for pretty much everything. These instances aren't completely closed off however, because even while you're out PvEing, you might run into players of an opposite faction who happen to join in on your instance.. Additionally, the city area is supposedly not instanced.

As for Crysis. It seems nice to play for a while, but once you've been through the singleplayer campaign it'll probably just gather dust on the shelf, right next to Far Cry... (which also benefited from great graphics and physics, but nothing special or fun whatsoever in terms of gameplay mechanics)
Old 01-10-2007, 11:53 PM

Tenshi has much to be proud of
From my experience, after playin' Far Cry single player mode for a while it started to get boring and didn't come close to my expectations.
But I do admit it was fun playin' it against 2 other friends I know of on the Xbox split-screen... hilarious I tell you

Anyhow, guess have to agree with ya. Just wonderin' how much better they want crysis to be than Far Cry.
Time will tell

Guild Wars / UT does it for me for the mean time hehe
Old 01-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
check out the vid I have on Crysis the graphics look incredible

Last edited by Roxianna : 01-11-2007 at 02:58 AM. Reason: add link to Shadow's blog
Old 01-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Peacekeeper

Krallang is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the info ya'll. I'll be sure to read up on these games when i get back stateside next month. and yes divx10 will be awesome, still waiting on a next gen vid card before i up my rig though

Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Founding Member

I would wait until ATI puts one out and then the price wars will ensue and the customer will win, currently there is no point to buy a Dx 10 system because no one has Dx10 or will for several months, ATI will not sit around with out a Dx10 card on the market, they are just waiting for the Dx10 to come closer and so they can release their product as the "newer" (because most people think newer = better) card