11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: Is there pirated game software on your computer right now?
No. All 100% legit and paid for. Down with piracy! 60 51.72%
hmmm yes. I'm a hypocrite! Down with piracy! (cough) ... 16 13.79%
Yes... and I think piracy's OK. 40 34.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
I see the good guys have taken the lead in the poll! Yay for non-pirating pirates.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:50 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
So Roxi, what did the original poll show?
In the original poll the second choice was the most popular which shocked me. I guess if you are going to be a pirate though, you might as well be a hypocritical one.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
I guess if you are going to be a pirate though, you might as well be a hypocritical one.
Yarr! I think I be in agreement with yee missy! at least, I think I be, YARRR!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:39 PM

mace990 has set foot on a distinguished road
all games on my computer are... BOUGHT!!! mostly 40Euros per game often discounted games (Sacred, Battlefield 2142 without northern strike, SWBattlefront I+II) or... downloaded - free 2 play MMO's :P

Down with piracy!

But sometimes I can understand pirates, if I see that Bu*l**!* of games produced and sold for 40Euros (~60Dollar)....

But I get along with freeware (open office, gimp... ) as well if we are not talking about games...

E: forgot sth. about console & music: Console (PS2) all games buyed and music... (oh wonder) everything bought!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Klister has set foot on a distinguished road
I have no pirated games... and I refuse to get any. I prefer to buy them legit. Then again, I'm a consolegamer, not a PC-gamer.

I do have alot of pirated movies, but those er mostly ones that will never get released in my country anyways

Old 10-08-2008, 04:21 PM

jayhogan18 has much to be proud of
A VERY close friend once said to me:

"I wont rip off a company that wont rip me off. I brought Microsoft Office cause it was moderately affordable and I get a lot of use from it. However, I wont pay 12 for a CD when I can get it for free and then get rid of it if I dont like it. Games are different though, I respect the companies who make the games and make a point out of NEVER downloading games illegally. Ill always pay for hard-copies of the games.

Although I did download an emulator to complete the japanese Megaman's cause I couldnt find them on ebay "

He said that, not my words, his.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:07 PM

wrath99 has much to be proud of
Dont have any pirated games. As a musician i can understand why people download mp3s on torrents. most of the money you spend on a cd goes to the label and the artist get a small cut. I release all my music for free and encourage people to take it and do what they want with it. Nowadays i get all my music via iTunes but the main problem i have is that i can only listen to the songs on my computer or my ipod, damn DRM.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast

Mumbo has set foot on a distinguished road
The only game that I have ever downloaded was a copy of Quake 3 arena because I wasn't able to find it in any stores years after it was released. Other than that every game that I own I have bought.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast

Scick is community member of note
I learnt Photoshop on a pirated version of Photoshop 4, but after that I've been legit. I am old enough to afford my own games, CD's and movies, and I work with the industry both as the drummer in a rock band, and as the webmaster of an indie games company.

I can understand why (younger) people download stuff though, as they don't have a salary and such.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:02 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
I wasn't sure what to put down for my weird special case... I use the SheepSaver PowerPC emulator on my Intel Mac to run an out-of-date version of OS 9. This version is technically pirated, because I needed 9.1 to be compatible with the emulator, and the disc I own (from one of my old computers) is 9.2. I'd argue I still have a license for one copy of OS 9, but I had to cheat to downgrade.

(I use said emulator to run my old old Mac OS games that haven't been updated for OS X or were never Carbonized.)

I've ripped DVDs I own to play on my iPhone, as well as temporary rips of Netflix DVDs for the same purpose (which I delete after watching). By the letter, that's piracy, but in spirit, I have only one usable copy and I'm merely doing a format conversion. In either case, I don't distribute the h.264 file.