11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: Is there pirated game software on your computer right now?
No. All 100% legit and paid for. Down with piracy! 60 51.72%
hmmm yes. I'm a hypocrite! Down with piracy! (cough) ... 16 13.79%
Yes... and I think piracy's OK. 40 34.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
First: agree on the GIMP. It even runs that other program's plugins. Unless you're doing some pretty crazy graphics, it's quite adequate.

Second: Everything on my system is 100% paid up. This is annoying, because I'm almost out of "installations" of expensive music software like Ableton Live, which I could easily have downloaded for free.

Third: however, I will gladly use pirate versions of software I actually have paid for. This eliminates the need to find the CD, stick a USB dongle in the computer, whatever.

Fourth: And, I have no problem with try-before-you-buy. Software companies do, because a lot of software isn't worth keeping after you've tried it.

Fifth: I am out of things to say, but I already typed "Fifth:", and it seemed a shame to waste it.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 09-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Hey, Mia, has your friend ever thought about using The GIMP instead of that other program that you're almost certainly talking about? It's actually gotten really good.

As far as piracy, game security and related issues, I used to have a blog where I talked about that at length. I seem to remember it was one of, if not the, most read blog items on the entire site where it was hosted. But they decided it wasn't interesting enough to keep around, so I'm certainly not going to put any effort into reiterating.
My friend has not thought about it since she had no idea what it was when she saw it mentioned once or twice. She will certainly look into it. She does think that since her piece of software is two versions out of date, that this somehow makes it less bad of her, lol.

She also wants you all to know that she makes a point of purchasing music CD's of lesser known artists that she likes, specifically so that they maybe get some of that money. She doesn't have pirated games anymore since she feels that as a (yikes) grownup, she can afford to purchase said games. This doesn't mean that she would not accept one as a gift if someone tried to give it to her. She has a handful of movies obtained that way.

I can't say that I completely understand her ethics.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
If a game is worth getting, I will buy it.. but you don't know until you've tried it, bring back shareware lol
Old 09-09-2008, 03:37 AM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness

gaming news
Old 09-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
"were sorry this video is no longer available"

huh..
Old 09-09-2008, 04:57 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
You're not missing anything, it's from Lazy Town. It's an okay song, but can be annoying when you hear it over and over (because of your kids ). I think youtube is doing something. It works if you view it from youtube, but not from here (as of me posting this anyways).
Last edited by EvilAerosolCan : 09-09-2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Enthusiast

ok then lol

still prefer badger badger for annoyingly addictive songs
Old 09-09-2008, 11:16 AM

Elindor has much to be proud of
Hmm...piracy. thats quite a topic. I do have pirated stuff. When I was "parentally" forced to sell off SNES & PS1 (I'd rather get some money than just donate or throw them away), I got myself emulators, and ROMs. Yeah, I hacked PSP & bit-torrented games cuze 60 bucks is too much for ONE PSP GAME (thats the price in my area).

No pirated online games for me, I play legally free MMOs like shaiya, runescape.

I download quite a lot of music (mostly anime music & some I heard while watching MTV) cuze I feel that CDs aren't quite worth the price - I have some CDs, but I've never had one in which I liked a majority of the songs. I'm no rabid fan of any particular singer, band. If the music is good, I listen to it. Period.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 PM

Cessation is a jewel in the community Cessation is a jewel in the community
I wear an Eyepatch myself and peglegs are in my family. After paying 14.50 to go see Babylon AD the other day just reaffirmed why I do it. Movies, Music, Programs, PC Single Player Games, and Anime. Only do it for myself though, avoid possible legal issue by not redistributing and adjusting my downloaders to provide no upload and use enough masking utilities to start my own spam company. Have all the tools and programs to be able to play online games that do not have a subscription base but generally buy those as I feel I get my moneys worth from them.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast

Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community
If I want it, I will buy it. I support developers so they will continue to make more great games.