11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 09-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkenfairy View Post
Tek, you rock. Hopefully my technologically deficient self can figure that out.

Maybe if these few of us were the only ones that loved the system that's why it's gone? I really did enjoy it, too. If you moved your blog, please be sure to share the link with us. I'd love to continue reading about your adventures, rants, etc.
If you don't want to mess with installing perl, I can translate it for you. There are only a few blogs here big enough to really need batch translation anyway, so I'm not exactly worried about being swamped. Just PM me or something...

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 09-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
Thanks! Yeah, my plan for Saturday during coffee time is to work on this stuff. Now to make it through the work day. Blah.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
This one of many steps GuildCafe is taking in the wrong direction. But I've bitched about it before and I'm not going to go on a tirade again.

Relatedly, however, does anyone know of a good gamer/tech-blogging site that isn't failspace or similarly retarded? It'd be nice if it was a site that appreciated when users increased its value through the addition of interesting content, too.
'till you run out of cake.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:37 PM

Sneek is a cornerstone of the community Sneek is a cornerstone of the community Sneek is a cornerstone of the community
Somehow I missed the news that the blogging system would get deleted. But now I am at a point where I do want to continue to write for my blog occasionally and not sure where.

So anyone got any ideas for good sites? Preferably where gamers do meet, for me it could even be wow-related, because most of my ramblings are about wow anyway.

And perhaps I do require your services too Tek. Although I am quite techy, I don't know much about rss and all that. I do also have several of my blog entries in word for spell check purposes and as a backup, but not all of them.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:45 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneek View Post
Somehow I missed the news that the blogging system would get deleted. But now I am at a point where I do want to continue to write for my blog occasionally and not sure where.

So anyone got any ideas for good sites? Preferably where gamers do meet, for me it could even be wow-related, because most of my ramblings are about wow anyway.

And perhaps I do require your services too Tek. Although I am quite techy, I don't know much about rss and all that. I do also have several of my blog entries in word for spell check purposes and as a backup, but not all of them.
You can always use a free blogging service like Wordpress.com or Blogspot.com, then have the gaming related posts RSS into our experience system. If you want some help on how to do that, just lemme know!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I'm a bit baffled about the blog removal too. Hosting blogs is a great way to get lots of free and original content on the search engines and have tons of relevant content that people really want to see. I would be more inclined to report my gaming activity to a blog because it is a universal format where gaming experiences seem to be something just spammed on your personal page by the xbox and xfire feeds

Oh well.. MMORPG.Com has a good blog section if you have an MMO or gaming style blog and want people to read it. Good luck getting yourself lost on blogger.com and wordpress

gaming news
Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:

Since you're Dutch, try Insidegamer.nl, they have a blogging system as well.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
Yeah. I've been using wordpress because blogging for me is as much for me to have a place to write as anything, but it most definitely doesn't have the same feel as knowing that you're on a site blogging to those that share your interests. And it's just one more place to be bombarded with political nonsense. I enjoyed having the easy access to other gamer's thoughts on games, gear, and other stuff. Thanks for the info on mmorpg's blogs.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Right on. You need to go to the old_blog_entries link you get in email, using firefox. Save that as "web page, html only". If you send me that file as an attachment (old_blog_entries.html?), I can run it through the script and send it back. tekhedd at byteheaven.net. (It's not like I'm worried about spam, that email address was on my web site unprotected for ages.)

When you save it as "complete" it reformats the entries and messes up the word wrap annoyingly. You don't want that. It should also work if you save from explorer, but I haven't tested it.

... Oh, and for anybody hacking on the script, you want to change line 49 to read like this:

if ( /\<div class=\'post\' id=\'(\d+)\'/)

I originally wrote it for "web page, complete", which screws up the word wrap.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

Obviously didn't get to this item on my list this past weekend. :P Darn it.