11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 09-04-2008, 03:12 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Moving your blog? Want to import your GamerDNA blog?
I figured some of you who are regular bloggers might want to import your old GamerDNA blog into a, you know, new blog of some sort.

I was unable to get the RSS feeds to work. But, I was able to translate the "old blog entries" html page to RSS, and import it into wordpress. Some other blog engines might also import RSS from a file. Script is available for your hacking pleasure here. Requires perl and the ability to type a line of text.

(As long as you feed your blog into the experiences, it doesn't count as leaving.)

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 09-04-2008, 03:22 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I enjoyed the blog feature of guild... GamerDNA quite a lot... Had a lot of RSS or notices whenever certain ppl blogged. Not quite sure why exactly you guys are removing it... Such a shame. I don't consider 'experiences' the same as blogging =/ Is there a way to RSS to stories / experiences? Seems a bit inconvenient to me, but maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Well... easiest thing to do is just blog elsewhere and chain it into experiences, but it does lose all of the "look, a button you can click to see a shedload of gamer blogs" grooviness. I'm really going to miss that.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 09-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I really loved the blog section here - I miss it already.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:28 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
I really loved the blog section here - I miss it already.
We'll be beefing up the experiences section to make it a lot better so you can still have a way to document your gaming memories!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Yeah but a lot of blogs werent about gaming experience... Like when Tekk got his new headphones
Old 09-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem View Post
Yeah but a lot of blogs werent about gaming experience... Like when Tekk got his new headphones
Or most of the utter crap I used to rant and rave.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
Tek, you rock. Hopefully my technologically deficient self can figure that out.

Maybe if these few of us were the only ones that loved the system that's why it's gone? I really did enjoy it, too. If you moved your blog, please be sure to share the link with us. I'd love to continue reading about your adventures, rants, etc.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:18 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkenfairy View Post
Tek, you rock. Hopefully my technologically deficient self can figure that out.

Maybe if these few of us were the only ones that loved the system that's why it's gone? I really did enjoy it, too. If you moved your blog, please be sure to share the link with us. I'd love to continue reading about your adventures, rants, etc.
We took down the blogging system because we're not trying to message ourselves as a blog host. I'm glad that Tekhedd took the initiative to create this RSS feed for the system, well done sir!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
No worries Imran! I do understand, and I do still enjoy the forums and other features here. I love the community here. Gaming for me is all about socialization, ironically. That night you go to a friends and play life-size Army of Two on his projection TV, or meeting up with friends for some Guitar Hero, a nice tabletop session, being in a guild and gaming with people from all over. Community.

Future is change. Just know that a handful of us did enjoy the feature while it was available.