11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 09-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post

Thanks for the updated info. It's good to know Google is gonna fix that EULA. It's also good someone out there reads them!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
"My bad" my ass. They want the rights to my blogs on guildcafe!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:09 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
LMAO love the signature! I'm using that.. elsewheres.
Last edited by TheHedgeWizard : 09-04-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:07 AM

AngelicLoki is a jewel in the community AngelicLoki is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to AngelicLoki Send a message via MSN to AngelicLoki
Just remember, the signature is also property of google, you may need to ask them first

Chrome and I are currently suffering a Love/Hate relationship. I was to see chrome improve some more, and I dont think I will use it as a desktop browser, but when android comes out, I will certainly not complain one ounce to use it as my mobile browser. I wish that I could preserve tab data upon closing the browser like I can for FF, but at the same time, I recognize how that may be hard for a browser that isn't supposed to be able to write to the HDD and treats each tab as a seperate process. At the same time as well, they will not be able to offer a "previously closed tabs" option, afaik (they could preserve the data elsewhere, I suppose), and that is a feature that I use quite regularly at work.

Pending a touch of analsys by industry professionals, I may recommend the browser to the... lower tech... among us if only because it gets them off of IE and onto a more secure and W3 compliant browser. Speaking of which, has anyone tested chrome on Acid3?

EDIT:
Chrome scores a 77/100 compared to FF3's 70/100, and we wont even post IE7's results here, since they pain the retina to think about.

I forgive Chrome though, because the way it breaks is EPIC:

Build Your Own Minicity
Old 09-04-2008, 10:55 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicLoki View Post
Just remember, the signature is also property of google, you may need to ask them first

Chrome and I are currently suffering a Love/Hate relationship. I was to see chrome improve some more, and I dont think I will use it as a desktop browser, but when android comes out, I will certainly not complain one ounce to use it as my mobile browser. I wish that I could preserve tab data upon closing the browser like I can for FF, but at the same time, I recognize how that may be hard for a browser that isn't supposed to be able to write to the HDD and treats each tab as a seperate process. At the same time as well, they will not be able to offer a "previously closed tabs" option, afaik (they could preserve the data elsewhere, I suppose), and that is a feature that I use quite regularly at work.

Pending a touch of analsys by industry professionals, I may recommend the browser to the... lower tech... among us if only because it gets them off of IE and onto a more secure and W3 compliant browser. Speaking of which, has anyone tested chrome on Acid3?

EDIT:
Chrome scores a 77/100 compared to FF3's 70/100, and we wont even post IE7's results here, since they pain the retina to think about.

I forgive Chrome though, because the way it breaks is EPIC:
I used a different text size, I'm all clear.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 AM

I used the default text size of the browser. I downloaded a fresh installation of the browser on my laptop and the first page I opened (other then the home page) was the Acid3, which is how the test was meant to be run.

What was your result using a non-default text size?

EDIT: I'm a moron, I get it now.

Build Your Own Minicity
Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 AM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicLoki View Post
I used the default text size of the browser. I downloaded a fresh installation of the browser on my laptop and the first page I opened (other then the home page) was the Acid3, which is how the test was meant to be run.

What was your result using a non-default text size?

EDIT: I'm a moron, I get it now.
Is there a reason why the text was blue just here?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:26 AM

to draw focus to the white text, since the blue stuff wasn't relevent, but people wouldn't get the white text without the blue

Build Your Own Minicity
Old 09-19-2008, 04:15 PM

K1LLZ1LLA has much to be proud of
Google chrome bugged to hell and back on me. but its still beta riit? so i guess thats fine. i didnt see any significant stuff. no igoogle integration either. hmm sad
Old 09-20-2008, 03:58 AM

Zetsubou has much to be proud of
I only use it when deviantart is bugging out on me(which is always these days) and for the incognito mode.
I would probably switch if it wasn't so crippled in comparison to ff3 with all my add-ons.
And yes its still in beta. Though isn't gmail still in beta