11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemash View Post
The page/guild doesn't seem to exist (any more.)

By the way, you should see an "Edit" button at the bottom right of your own posts (if you're logged in).
You can used that to add more information to your existing posts so you don't have to create multiple, talking to yourself.

vorix, you can't "upload" characters to your guild.
If you are a member of the guild, your characters will automatically appear in the Roster.
Maybe check the topmost pull-down menu called "Show".
It could be set to filter out a specific game, not showing the characters you're looking for.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:12 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
The page/guild doesn't seem to exist (any more.)

By the way, you should see an "Edit" button at the bottom right of your own posts (if you're logged in).
You can used that to add more information to your existing posts so you don't have to create multiple, talking to yourself.

vorix, you can't "upload" characters to your guild.
If you are a member of the guild, your characters will automatically appear in the Roster.
Maybe check the topmost pull-down menu called "Show".
It could be set to filter out a specific game, not showing the characters you're looking for.
Dude Retodon8 you are on it!

You're starting to make us redtags look bad!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast

sororitygirl is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeAgent View Post
Hmmmm characters should be working just fine. Imran can run some tests... right Imran?

IN general, the roster is pretty unfriendly and needs some love. It is on the short list for sure.
I'm really glad to hear this ^_^
GOGO super gamerDNA staff!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:29 AM

pst has much to be proud of
I'm having an odd issue with the roster as well (World Of Warcraft is the game). It is listing some members twice (one is "claimed", the dupe isn't), and, its not updating the roster as new members join (waited a couple days in case this is a daily cron job or something).

Hoping you'll still planning on spending some "love" on this obviously broken feature.

Thanks!

Pst

My Armory Profile

Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Yeah we just talked about the Roster yesterday and are working on some tweaks to make it easier to use and understand. hopefully in the next week.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 10-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
One thing I never figured out was how to set the level of my character.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
You can't set a character's level, although you can mention it in the Comment field.

Most game genres don't have character levels, so it wouldn't be useful for all those games.
What game would you like to set a character's level for?
If you add a WoW character for instance, it'll automatically find its level and mention it.

Edit: Also I if you add a Guild Wars character, you do get some extra fields you can set manually.
It needs to be done manually, since GW doesn't show any character info online.
(I wanted to check this before posting, but forgot, so editing it in now.)
Last edited by Retodon8 : 10-03-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
nevermind it looks like they have already updated this option.
Last edited by tommarrow : 10-03-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:33 PM

Still seeing those dupes...

My Armory Profile

Old 10-09-2008, 10:25 PM

Still having the same reported issues with the roster... dupes, people not showing on it, etc. The initial "pull" when I created the site worked great, got everyone, but it hasn't added anyone thats joined since. I understand you guys are busy (with the fiasco last night for instance) but could you take a look at the roster build code again please?

Here's an example of what I mean by "dupes":

Quote:
Adene (Unclaimed) Paladin 70
Amrophilias Brizbaum Warrior 70
Anaomi Arly Priest 70
Anaomi (Unclaimed) Priest 70
Arlyna Arly Warlock 70
Arlyna (Unclaimed) Warlock 70
Brizbaum Brizbaum Hunter 40
See how Anaomi and Arlyna both show up twice?

My Armory Profile

Last edited by pst : 10-09-2008 at 11:12 PM.