11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: Which game brings up the best feelings of nostalgia for you?
Star Wars Galaxies 10 37.04%
Dark Age of Camelot 4 14.81%
of the two I only played DOAC 1 3.70%
of the two I only played SWG 4 14.81%
There were no MMORPGs before World of Warcraft 2 7.41%
Taste my frustration and angst as I rage against MMOS OR I'm too young to have played SWG or DOAC 6 22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Yeah, was never fun when you where lost AND getting eaten by something. I had such a crappy connection that I used to regularly go into the dungeons and lairs, and go LD, to log in and be back at the bind stone with a healthy amount of XP to get back.

Thankfully, Eikinskialdi had a great crafter, so I had some decent armour to get me through those times I didn't get logged out. Never got to RvR though, my line was too laggy for that.

The one time I did try it, I saw an Albion Elementalist in the distance.... screen freeze..... my character on fire, and dead. 2 min of lag, 20 seconds of me running like a headless chicken. Joy.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:53 AM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
I chose frustration and angst. You forgot "Bah! Kids and their fads!" for those of us who pre-date the two games and still never played them. I went from Ultima Online to Anarchy Online to WoW, City of Heroes and Tabula Rasa. I vaguely remember considering DAok, in passing.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Enthusiast

Tagon is a cornerstone of the community Tagon is a cornerstone of the community Tagon is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via MSN to Tagon
I am with Midnight Piper although I did try both games at some point or the other. Ultima Online is the game that I think of on those cold game less nights.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:45 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
I haven't played any DAoC, regardless of their trial offer. Would have been SWG.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:34 AM

Elindor has much to be proud of
i chose Angst!! No, I never played those two cuze i have parents who think computer & video games are a waste of time, so no p2p games for me.

Nostalgia would be runescape, its the only MMO I played before 2002, and still play til today. Some X-factor (or chemical X, note the pun) pulls me back although I hate it when noobs come begging me for money or items. I had the most fun doing the quests & racking up quest points, and becoming a millionaire (who can't, its easy on RS).
Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

sororitygirl is community member of note
I feel so young... ^_^;
But but but... sigh...
yeah, i never played these games :P
Old 10-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
o.0 no Everquest? No Ultima Online? umm.......I guess no Nostalgia from me

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Enthusiast

snowkissed is a jewel in the community snowkissed is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Skype™ to snowkissed
I'm nostalgic about Everquest and I started playing that when it came out in 1999.

I never played DAoC and I tried SWG post-ridiculous-update. Didn't enjoy it.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:04 AM

thatgirlhatesyou is a jewel in the community
What about Ragnorok Online? That one was fun and simple even though most of the time I played I didn't even know what I was doing. Then I got into wow...

Old 10-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Blacklance has much to be proud of
I played Star Wars Galaxies pre and post nerf. The game was not that great in my opinion. I think they really needed to find something that only fan boys would like. I wanted to be a bounty hunter, and was for awhile. Then they changed the whole game, and I was like whats the point of it all now?