11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 08-27-2008, 04:24 AM

xXyunaXx is a jewel in the community xXyunaXx is a jewel in the community
oh well i forgot to mention that he has about 5 out of date hardware components... ^^;; lol but his pc lso refuses to get official updates which is another problem.. even though he had turned on automatic updates.. well thanks guys for your help! i appreciate it

~Proud member of [SYM] Pool of Blood ~
SxY FoReVer Love or die..
"fighting is not about hitting hard! its about how hard you can get hit and stand back up and hit back as hard!"
"love or die.. die if you
cannot
love for life without love is a meaningless path.. love or die..."

Old 08-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXyunaXx View Post
oh well i forgot to mention that he has about 5 out of date hardware components...
Watson, the game is afoot.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
So he bought a new PC with out of date components or do you mean drivers?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:09 PM

he bought a new pc which had out of date drivers which he didnt realize when buying it and only realized it now.. and there is no way of updating it because it wont let him run the update program not components just drivers like graphic drivers and stuff

"fighting is not about hitting hard! its about how hard you can get hit and stand back up and hit back as hard!"
cannot

Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Lurker in Disguise

Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Send a message via ICQ to Syldra Send a message via AIM to Syldra Send a message via MSN to Syldra Send a message via Yahoo to Syldra
you may need to download and update them manually then.

try looking here.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:32 PM

thankyou~ ^-^ i appreciate it i'll try that website and tell you how it goes

cannot

Old 08-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
The only reason I know of that he is unable to update officially is if he is using a illegal copy of windows.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarrow View Post
The only reason I know of that he is unable to update officially is if he is using a illegal copy of windows.
Yeah, my don't-care filters kicked in about that point.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 08-28-2008, 01:03 AM

im not sure if the copy of win vista he is using is illegal or not but one thing i am sure of is that he bought his pc there and it was probably installed with an official copy.. maybe not >_< ? but then again.. nobody installs illegal OS on pc's and sells them XD do they?

cannot

Old 08-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXyunaXx View Post
im not sure if the copy of win vista he is using is illegal or not but one thing i am sure of is that he bought his pc there and it was probably installed with an official copy.. maybe not >_< ? but then again.. nobody installs illegal OS on pc's and sells them XD do they?
Well, sometimes they do, but I'd think if you had a legit business you'd get in trouble very quickly!

I realize that he probably would have done this already if it was an option, but this would be a good time to go back to the seller and say "hey this thing refuses to run windows update, what's the deal?" You kinda need updates--microsoft has made sure of that!

-- We're not the crazy ones! --