11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 08-27-2008, 05:42 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I'm not sure what's needed server side, but I have a lot of custom maps from playing on various servers. If you want any, I can upload them somewhere for you.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
I had a blast last night for the short hour I was on until my freaking power supply decided to crap out my new desktop! I guess it couldn't handle the awesome.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 08-28-2008, 02:51 AM

LamaLeif has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to LamaLeif
I just found out about this server yesterday and its cool stuff, I always play TF2 with my US buddies and i play from Norway. Contrary to belief ping means almost nothing in TF2, I can even snipe more than good enough with 150-190ms. Now if i was playing CSS with 150ms+ that would be a whole different story.

I suggest removing maps that most people never play, like ctf_2fort, tc_hydro and ctf_well and shortening the respawn time to speed up the gameplay on the server.

You could also check out the sudden death melee mod, wich i think is a good one. It goes into sudden death when time runs out, and it then forces everyone into one class with only a melee weapon available. It's melee mayhem and i like it alot
Last edited by LamaLeif : 08-28-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:21 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamaLeif View Post
I suggest removing maps that most people never play, like ctf_2fort
I thought everyone played 2fort.
Quote:
, tc_hydro and ctf_well
I kind of like being able to play all the maps. It adds variety.
Quote:
and shortening the respawn time to speed up the gameplay on the server.
Imran just did this today. I don't know what he shortened it to.

Quote:
You could also check out the sudden death melee mod, wich i think is a good one. It goes into sudden death when time runs out, and it then forces everyone into one class with only a melee weapon available. It's melee mayhem and i like it alot
+645613216515601 I love this mod

Also on a side note, I played on a server the other day with sound effects. It had the "Rampage" "Multikill" etc. from CS. I liked that mod too.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:38 AM

Honestly 2fort is the worst of the bunch, it is too simple with too few directions to take.

I like diversity aswell, but some maps are just bad. Although i know a better way, there are several map vote mods. They let you vote for a map near the end of a map, or if enough people "rtv" rockthevote.

The "Rampage" "Multikill" and similar sounds are from Unreal Tournament, those sounds in CS were a mod, just like you can get for TF2. Personally i just force my client to not download sounds from the server, to avoid them.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:40 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Gonna have to say I respectfully disagree about 2fort. 2fort is the most popular map for the game and it is one of my favorites. It's a classic from Team Fortress Classic.

Imran is going to be our TF2 server admin Ninja and hooking us up with all the cool server bling we could want. Go Imran!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:09 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
Gonna have to say I respectfully disagree about 2fort. 2fort is the most popular map for the game and it is one of my favorites. It's a classic from Team Fortress Classic.
/signed. Removing 2fort would be a sin. Although, if someone wants to mod the map to get rid of the roof on the bridge and increase the distance between the two forts....going back to old school....yeah, I'd sign for that replacement.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_lazaro View Post
/signed. Removing 2fort would be a sin. Although, if someone wants to mod the map to get rid of the roof on the bridge and increase the distance between the two forts....going back to old school....yeah, I'd sign for that replacement.
The TF2 version of 2fort is a giant step forward from the classic 2fort.

But on the subject of custom maps, CP_Warpath for TF2 is good (yes the warpath from tfc)

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/52314

I would love to see this one in the mapcycle
Old 08-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Savant

I wouldn't call it a giant step forward, just something for the Scout's double jump to show off on. Although I suppose the roof over the bridge does help reduce the sniper nesting....

Old 08-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Enthusiast

eidanch is a jewel in the community eidanch is a jewel in the community
I love ctf_2fort. Great map. btw why do you all want to make respawn faster ? the way valve set it is very balanced and good for the game speeding it can unbalance the game.

By E.C.
Pro Gamer.