11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: How likely are you to follow-up on a gamer match based on a quiz et al?
Very likely 3 6.52%
Somewhat likely 9 19.57%
Unlikely 16 34.78%
Never gunna happen 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2008, 06:18 PM

Location: The middle of nowhere. Behind you. I'mma gunna drop kick you now :D
Xeomyles is community member of note
I dunno, I'd feel a little creepy doing a "follow up" on, of all things, an internet quiz. XD
Old 08-23-2008, 09:16 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
A little secret...
It's interesting that many of you think that I am considering pushing the idea of a matching making service for gamers. Au contraire! I was pretty sure it was a terrible idea and I made this thread to prove it.

Now that you know that will you argue the opposite?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Arelos_Dhrahin

Hey, I've only just realized something. Your staff stole those reputation symbols from IGN. And it's about time I got my red box back.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Famous Member

DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community
I don't even socialize that much, then again... when I do, I try to keep my defenses up.

Phantasyrpg.com
Good ticked based game, easy to play and get engrossed.

http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Darth_Sirov
Kongregate - One of the best place to look for good Flash Games

www.disputedgalaxy.com
Best Flash Space Shooter Game
Old 08-24-2008, 02:38 AM
Famous Member

DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community DarthSirov is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
It's interesting that many of you think that I am considering pushing the idea of a matching making service for gamers. Au contraire! I was pretty sure it was a terrible idea and I made this thread to prove it.

You make it sound like we're so anti-social and lack friends.

Phantasyrpg.com
Good ticked based game, easy to play and get engrossed.

http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Darth_Sirov
Kongregate - One of the best place to look for good Flash Games

www.disputedgalaxy.com
Best Flash Space Shooter Game
Old 08-24-2008, 04:34 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sirov View Post
You make it sound like we're so anti-social and lack friends.
... yeah! It's darn difficult to sell non-gamers on the lie that we're all well-socialized. This sort of thing doesn't help!

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 08-24-2008, 04:44 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
I think its a neat concept worth trying as long as it doesn't get used for OMGIMGONNAMEETGIRLZ!
This, I must be honest here, has its appeal... Mmm, GIRLZ.

(Except, I have figured out that there are no girls online--it's all a lie perpetuated by the establishment, which has hundreds (perhaps even thousands) of men working full-time in an unmarked office complex in Arizona posing as girls so that people will... um... believe that girls online because then... um. Because, you see... Web 2.0 depends on... I give up. That makes no sense whatsoever.)

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 08-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post

Hang on, you mean someone thought it was a GOOD idea?!

I still say NO, I still maintain it would be a really bad idea. These programs would be created by humans, and as I have said for years "Humans are stupid".
Old 08-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Enthusiast

DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
I voted unlikely
the thing is its unlikely that our quizzes actually shows that we like the same kind of games or way of gaming. But perhaps it could work. Im also to lazy to follow up
Old 08-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Enthusiast

colliny2k is a jewel in the community colliny2k is a jewel in the community
I voted unlikely as well. While I'm sure quizzes as you describe could have some good results, I think there's just too many variables and that it wouldn't work for enough people to be worth it.

However, I think we need to bring back Arcades. There's just not enough of them anymore. Places with 24/h lan parties and the like. While I'm not sure it's accurate to say gamers aren't social...because alas MMOs and most other online games do have plenty of social aspects...especially if you're in a guild...however, they all lack the real life social aspects of actually being face-to-face. So arcades/lans are a good way to bring social back to gaming.