11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: How likely are you to follow-up on a gamer match based on a quiz et al?
Very likely 3 6.52%
Somewhat likely 9 19.57%
Unlikely 16 34.78%
Never gunna happen 18 39.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2008, 05:34 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Talking Gamer Matchmaking
Lately it seems everybody wants to match me up with somebody. I'll admit I am a difficult case: 50, female, highly competitive but with a low tolerance for d00dz. However, even when I do find a match, on one of the in-game or Web matchmaking services, I am loath to contact them. What would I say? "Hey killer, wanna come on over to my shard and gank some peeps?"

gamerDNA does list gamers with similar profiles to you when you complete a quiz, but it's more of a "hey look, there are lot's of people who enjoy what you do" type of reassurance, rather than any suggestion that you should immediately IM them. Guild matchmaking is a different beast altogether, so I am not talking about that--just finding buddies to play with kind of matchmaking.

So here is my question (finally): When you are matched up with another individual gamer based on a quiz result, how likely are you ever do anything about it, e.g. PM them, IM them, send a tell in game?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
Wouldn't want anyone to think I am a stalker or anything.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Wut? Haven't seen that anywhere, or isn't it in yet? How should I imagine this? I know LastFM has a something like that, neighbours. And a compatibility meter with existing friends. Nice system imo. Looks at the music you listen to, matches up the artists and the number of times you've played certain songs against other members and gives something like opposites, poor, super, or whatever.

Not sure how that would work on GamerDNA tho. I just add games I've played, whether I enjoyed them or not you can only know by reading my comments. Maybe if there was a system in which you rated the game, and then some way in which the matchmaker took account of what games you've played and how you rated them, it could show players with similar tastes, and maybe even suggest a game or two.

But I'm offtopic.... As to the question whether I would contact somebody with a similar profile? No. Cuz I simply couldnt care less about them. It's a fun idea to see ppl with similar styles, but to actually speak to them without reason? Nah.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:21 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I voted never. I'm just not a super social person.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
I know what you mean with this. Matchmaking based off a test is tempting, just too see what the results are, who your matched with etc. But you can't put your faith into tests that are designed to pigeon-hole your personality type. After all, these tests are based off of either A\ one persons idea of the varied personality types (which can be biased) or B\ a comity (many biased views and opinions).

Its all about trust, and I trust instinct over tests. Gotta go with 'No'.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Gamer matchmaking... or, rather, dating, can be quite daunting! Observe:

'till you run out of cake.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Doubt it, I try to avoid socializing with lesser beings (Humanoids) as much as possible, Xenu would not accept it.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I don't like strangers.
I answered with "unlikely." I'm kinda shy - I'd be unlikely to contact someone one a result of a quiz match-up.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Cute thighs during a base D do it for her, though.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:10 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
And a perky ass!