11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 08-16-2008, 02:17 PM

iChaos has much to be proud of
Guild Wars 2 Question
I'm interested in buying guild wars later next month and I'm wondering if guild wars 2 is coming by the end of the year. If so then I'll wait but I just don't know so if someone out there knows if guild wars 2 comes out this year please tell me.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
I *ALMOST* showered you in a bunch of fanboi glee so I'll refrain and make this simpler:

->GW2 probably won't be out until the end of next year, at the earliest. You have more than enough time to pick this up fresh and explore it.

->A lot of the titles and accomplishments you do in-game and put towards your Hall of Monuments will unlock stuff (we're still not sure what exactly) in the next game. Best part is they announced this stuff will continue to unlock if you decide to further progression after you start GW2 (so if you go back to GW1 for a while, for whatever reason, further accomplishments and titles will continue to transfer to your GW2 account after you started.)

Seriously, if you haven't tried it yet, very damn good time now since all the games bundled will be dirt cheap. Biggest thing I recommend is going in remembering hitting the level cap and getting Max Armor/Weapons is the first big milestone you could pull off in that game and that's literally where the game as a whole will start for you (and you'll accomplish this about mid way through your first campaign if you play through.)

And if ya need help, there are PLENTY of dedicated players on this site that are willing to lend advice. Good journeys and good luck to ya!

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 08-16-2008, 04:00 PM

ThaRealCuber has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to ThaRealCuber
If I recall correct GW is a MMORPG without monthjy fee right?

If so I might pick it up after finishin up NWN2...
Old 08-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Lots of peeps will try debating whether it's truly an MMORPG, but essentially:

Yeah, it is. All the towns and outposts are like hubs where players interact, but once ya step out the door it's all instanced stuff for just you and your party. A lot of people love that aspect, a lot of people hate it.

Regardless, it's a fun game and has plenty of shit to do, and there's a decent community backing it whether ya want PvE or PvP content.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 08-16-2008, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the info, I am a party player, so like the fact that it is only my party out there
Old 08-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I tend to agree with Rev (someone pinch me). If you haven't tried it, I'd recommend GW1 to anyone who's got a modest or better interest in RPG gaming.

Despite its age, it is still a good-looking game (I used to call it great-looking but it's age is starting to show). And there's hours upon hours of fun to be had tweaking, tuning and combining the various character, skill and hero options into something that fits your play style.

I haven't played in a while, but because of the no-subscription thing, it's a game you can always pick up again after a while and enjoy all over again. I may do that again soon, in fact... except WAR is right around the corner. So maybe I'll wait and see how good that turns out.
'till you run out of cake.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:53 PM

That sounds good.

If I run into a bundle with some of the expensions I will buy it
Old 08-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast

eidanch is a jewel in the community eidanch is a jewel in the community
I am also with rev. The game is awesome and there is still a lot of time till we can buy GW2. It is worth buying.

By E.C.
Pro Gamer.