11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 05-04-2008, 04:14 AM

ZuesofValhalla has set foot on a distinguished road
Do you allow your guild members to use any kind of language in- game? Why? Why not?
I do not allow language of the sexual nature (hedro or homo) within my guild do to the fact that there a lot of people that get offended by such language. I feel that if you have to use that kind of language on a game then you shouldn't even be playing. It's a respect thing, I have three kids that come and watch me play all the time and they don't need to see that garbage up there. Well that's all I have to say on the subject, Goodbye! Drop me a line sometime!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:12 AM

Rastafa has much to be proud of
In my guild, we do allow the occasional profanity to slip by, as it's all to common on WoW these days. We do draw the line on racial and sexual slurs, however - it can definitely be offensive to some.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Enthusiast

Ange is a jewel in the community Ange is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to Ange
We let some profanity go since sometimes we have to admit bad things happen etc..and we jsut felt we have to say those things *cough*. But we do discourage any racial and sexual languages that might disturb those young people and those who are offended by them. I think its jsut a matter of dicipline and repect for others playing the game.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:57 AM

Nosix has much to be proud of
It really depends guild from guild. One guild I was a part of was a hardcore serous pve guild and there was ZERO language issues. Then that guild died and I joined an even more so hardcore guild made up of 19-24 year olds and swearing was just the usual.

Really depends I guess on the audience.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community MikesterBrau is a cornerstone of the community
We do not have a rule against it but none of us do it and if a new player does folks tend to not respond it to and it stops on it's own pretty fast. Of course the occasional outburst in frustration is understandable.

http://www.bardstavern.net
Old 05-06-2008, 04:53 AM

zetathompson has much to be proud of
In one clan in clan channel, sure. We don't care and we even get pretty raunchy. On the other hand it is a very small clan and we all pretty much know what lines we cannot cross. Every time we accept a new member things quiet down for a while.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Enthusiast

Zedar has set foot on a distinguished road
My guild is a more family-oriented guild, and we have a lot of members that have children in the background, so we frown on folks using a lot of bad language, at least on Teamspeak. If an occassional effenhiemer slips out it's not a big deal, but occassionally I've had to speak with members who get a little out of hand. That usually takes care of it.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:01 PM

KingLuke has much to be proud of
I've never been to bothered about people talking about sex or raunchy stuff, we're an Adult guild, so Adult topics can be quite common. As for offensive/racist stuff, it's swiftly stomped out, as you never know who's going to be offended, and it's just not right.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:03 PM

Akillan has much to be proud of
We don't have any set rules about it...yea or nea. If someone has an issue with what is being said they tell an Officer, like myself, and we handle it...discretely. Besides most games now have filters for this stuff so....?
Old 05-14-2008, 06:59 PM

Ayslynn has set foot on a distinguished road
Love and Light Dear Ones. In Guild Chat there is a little innuendo, but any real sex chat is saved for Party chat or a special User Group Channel this nymph uses.

Last edited by Ayslynn : 05-14-2008 at 07:29 PM.