11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 08-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Enthusiast

Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community
Too Human
I am not an RPG game player. I can't stand them really. But Too Human has me VERY interested. I tired the demo and liked what I saw. Tons of action is what I really like.

Is anyone else who is not an RPG style of gamer looking forward to this game? And do you think this will be a good entry into the world of RPG?
Old 09-10-2008, 05:01 PM

Skarwolf has much to be proud of
The game is getting very bad reviews 3-5 / 10 on some pages. I played through 75% of the game and while it seems repetitive I got addicted.

For one its basically a Diablo clone.

Like diablo you have different classes and go through levels fighting hordes of enemies. You also get a TON of drops everytime you do a level. Different armor & weapons which make you look different and slightly more powerful. You have a skill tree to put points although I didn't notice much of a difference.

I didn't even know of the second skill tree and put all my points in the first. You access the 2nd one clicking the R button. I went through half the game without any points in it and did just fine. You can redo levels.

You can coop on levels in mutiplayer. I don't think theres a voice chat option so its pretty quiet... I didn't hear a peep and I had my mic on.

Its not much of an RPG, just think of diablo sci fi shooter/slasher. This games a rental at best. You could beat it in around 2-3 days of play or less.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Enthusiast

Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community
I really enjoy this game. I rented it from GameFly and I still have it. I will probably finish up my second full play thru tonight. I have done some coop and there is chat. But I have heard from other people saying it does not work so well.
The game is better than the reviews it is getting. I highly recommend this game to anyone that loves Diablo. You will most likely enjoy the gameplay.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:00 PM

I'm curious what quality of items you obtain at higher levels. My berserker is like 30th and has all orangey/red items which I assume are the highest quality ? Purples seem like common drops.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Enthusiast

DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
I would say that Too Human is very light on the RPG part. Its more a action game with elements from rpgs. As Skarwolf said its a Diablo Clone so if you like those kind of games, this is probably for you.

I would assume, Green -> Blue -> Purple -> Orange -> Red since that the standard since Diablo2. Not so sure about the Orange - Red part they can be switched around
Old 09-12-2008, 02:47 AM

Skyrek has much to be proud of
I enjoyed Too Human when I rented it and will probably end up buying it. If you like guns and you like Diablo style games then you will probably enjoy this one once you get used to the abnormal controls.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:20 AM
Enthusiast

I think the real downfall of this game is that its to short, and there really is no replay value outside of grinding for achievements. I sent the game back today. I just can't see myself playing it anymore. It was a lot of fun the first time through and I enjoyed some coop after that, but it gets old playing the same four levels over and over. They really needed more levels in this game. Other than that, its pretty sweet.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:57 PM

How do you beat that giant robot at the end of the world serpent level. I dunno if he is the end boss. It comes down this sliding ramp then rushes you its like the other giant robots just with more armor.

I've died like 20x in a row now and it 2-3 shots my zerk. I've damaged the legs / torso but can't seem to get rid of the big arms.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

OH man, that is the worst boss level in the game. No lie, it takes like 30 minutes to kill him. That level pissed me off. Just keep hammering at him is all you can do. I believe Lasers may be the best option for him. I am trying to remember if I used slug, plasma, or lasers and I think Lasers work the best. If not, while the death sequence is happening, quick jump to your equipment and change them up to try something else.
But yeah, it takes forever to kill him and he is the final boss on that level.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:23 PM

Thanks...

Turned it off after close to the amount of time you mentioned.

Rez, jump swing buncha times, die in 3 hits...
Rez, jump melee.. run around, die 3 hits

20 minutes later almost pitched the controller.

Maybe i'll try levelling abit.