11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Guild Themes Design Workshop

Old 08-05-2008, 12:24 AM

Aanier has much to be proud of
Question Issues with images
I am a new member to gamerdna. I have set up a website for my guild, unfortunatly I have been trying to add Icons to posts etc, with no luck. I have been taking the following steps.

Example; >> Roster >> Edit >> Enter text >> Instert image Icon >> enter the gamerdna url for my uploaded image >> Save

when viewing the image appears as (red x)

I tried changing file extensions and a slew of other options to fix the issue

Any helpful advice?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
I have not yet tried to use the links attached to the image files that we upload here, so I can't really say if it is a common problem. I still use my photobucket account for the links....as it was stated a few months ago in a thread I was posting in, using an outside source saves bandwidth here. I do have a question though:

Which code are you using?

the [IMG] code should work, or at least it does when I post an image from photobucket. Though, I do know that I have had to use the direct link on other sites in the forums....maybe try that if there is a direct link code....but the [IMG] should work.

Hope that helps....

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 08-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
When I uploaded an image a few minutes ago - I was unable to change/edit the title of the image, I'd type it in, but it wouldn't take.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community

Okay, I used the BB code and got the image to show up in preview...lets see if it shows when I post.....

*Okay, I know that BB works in this forum. Have you tried it in the Guild forums?

My Pets
Old 08-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
When I uploaded an image a few minutes ago - I was unable to change/edit the title of the image, I'd type it in, but it wouldn't take.
That happened to me just before maintenance once actually. I had to wait until the next time I logged in to fix it. I think I had to delete it and upload it a second time though...

My Pets
Old 08-05-2008, 03:01 AM

Aanier has much to be proud of
Thx for posting, yea I tried [IMG] still no fix. BB no luck either, may try your suggestion on photobucket. Thanks for the reply this community rocks
Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 AM
Enthusiast

No problem, we try to help out when we can.

Sorry my ideas didn't help though .

Hope the photobucket works for you. Try the "Direct Link" option, I think that one worked for me in my post when nothing else did.

Good Luck!

My Pets