11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 07-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
Silverfall: Earth Awakening
So, I tried the demo of the original Silverfall awhile back and was pretty much driven away by the horrid camera controls. I never even got far enough into it to get a feel for the quality of the story or anything else.

Today, I happened to check into Steam and saw that they have a sequel called Silverfall: Earth Awakening.

Steam link

I look through the features listed and I see this:

Quote:
Discover a new, fully adaptable game interface with improved ergonomics in which you can now control your hero with the mouse or keyboard.
I'm almost...almost...tempted to give this particular incarnation of Silverfall a chance. However, I'm not sure that I trust this claim. Has anyone here tried it? Are the controls better than the original Silverfall?
Old 07-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Is Silverfall the game that combined RPG and RTS elements? If so, I really enjoyed that one, the original that is. Being the mayor and sheriff your own little town was fun stuff.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
No, that's not the one. Silverfall is a straight RPG.

Heh! You may like Majesty, speaking of RPG/RTS. It was such a fun, little game! I loved the humor in it, as well as the fact that you didn't have complete control over your heros. All you could do was persuade them to do what you wanted via bounties and such.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
Back with yet another new game? Heh, nice. Can't stay long, have a party to go to (I hate my Birthday... ) but nice seeing you again.

Let me know how this one turns out!

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 07-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Oh right, that cartoony looking one, yeah I played the original but I never tried the new one so I can't help you. The original was pretty damn boring though, I managed to get to some goblin city in a desert and then I gave up.