11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Sports Junkies

Old 07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
Backyard Sports (For Parents / Younger Kids)
Backyard Sports by Humongous Entertainment are a series of sports games that have a playground feel to them. They make Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Hockey for a variety of platforms. Professional athletes are transformed into kids and can be drafted alongside your created players.

I play these with my son, daughter, and nephews and they're an absolute blast. If you're a parent, uncle, aunt, grandparent, or even a big brother or sister these are definitely worth checking out.

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..."
Old 07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
Ok, gotta throw a caveat out there. Picked up a new one over the weekend to play with my son.

Looks like Backyard Baseball 2009 for PS2 didnt see much, if any playtesting. The game gets stuck permananently way too often. I've hit balls of the wall that get stuck where they cant be fielded. Even after the runner scores the game just hangs forever. Pull your first baseman off first to field and then throw to first foolishly...same thing. After the inside the park homerun you still cant continue the game. Pretty damn annoying especially when you're in the 8th inning.

I'd reccomend just picking up an older version of the game or renting it first if you're on another platform before purchasing.

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..."
Old 07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I wonder if this is any good for Wii?

gaming news
Old 07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Founding Member

I e-mailed them about the issue and they're sending a replacement. We'll see how that performs. I'm skeptical that it's the disc, but I'm impressed with their customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongous
I am sorry you are having so much trouble with the game. Believe me
not only do we test it - but Sony puts it through significant testing
as well before we are approved to produce.

It could be that the disk is faulty. Please send me your address and
I will send you a new one - hopefully it will work better for you.

Again, so sorry for the difficulties.

Kind Regards,
The Backyard Team

Old 07-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Founding Member

The new copy of the game hasnt had the ball get stuck in the outfield wall yet, but if you throw to first with no first baseman there you're still screwed.

Definitely not the disc IMHO