11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 12-14-2008, 04:52 AM

jimbob71 has much to be proud of
Combat arms would be a good game if it werent for the hackers (that you cant kickfrom game) Nexon didnt add that much needed function to the game. You are never going to stop all teh cheats and such, that i understand. Come on Nexon, please give us the ability to kick hackers from our games!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Does the game have private server support? Maybe we can organize a play night where we all together and play without having to worry about hackers.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:54 AM

InkofDeath has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to InkofDeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran View Post
Does the game have private server support? Maybe we can organize a play night where we all together and play without having to worry about hackers.
No but you can set passwords to game rooms, which could make the idea of what you're suggesting doable.

Nexon is really not that great of a company to work along with. They don't have enough customer support staff or enough man power dedication to the game.

The game is going to be their flagship product in a few months or possibly within 2010.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 PM

Muffalopadus has much to be proud of
I'm not exactly sure what I think about Nexon. They're like a politician - they look nice on the outside, promise stuff we'd really enjoy having, but then once they're in power (e.g. have our money) they don't deliver.

Maplestory was the best worst game I've ever played. Thankfully I realized how horrible it was only a year into playing it! >_<'' So much time wasted....

Combat arms looks awesome...but...its made by Nexon...sooo...
Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 PM

Maehrunes has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Maehrunes
I cant see an issue with Combat Arms having bugs, as it is a free FPS.
For what they have made, it is an awesome game compared to most free FPS's.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:52 PM

leadbucket has much to be proud of
The graphic's in Combat Arms EU are Ok. Character movement is quite jumpy is not as smooth as in Warrock. The map's are small but nicely laid out. There is a good choice of weapons and you can earn points to buy more pretty easily. Overall it's a good game but it's one I'll only play when Warrock is down as it doesn't offer the same variety of gameplay.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:53 PM

heavy-artillery45 has much to be proud of
the game really isnt worth it anyway i was excited about it but then i started playing and it was terrible the graphics are like ps one graphics at best if u want a good fps for the computer try counter strike source its good and its only 20 bucks
Old 01-22-2009, 12:31 AM

Kereidas has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy-artillery45 View Post
the game really isnt worth it anyway i was excited about it but then i started playing and it was terrible the graphics are like ps one graphics at best if u want a good fps for the computer try counter strike source its good and its only 20 bucks
Well, Combat Arms is free. It's just a cheap man's Counter-Strike. And honestly, the real deal is a lot better when it comes to delivering. Not saying that Combat Arms is bad, just that it's a lot wiser to just put down the dough for the game where it all started at.

And 12-year-old's with access to their parents' credit cards don't dominate everyone in CS.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:18 AM

kaungsanthu has much to be proud of
If your going to be buying a game. Get Call of Duty its infinitely better than Counter-Strike.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Not meaning to keep kicking a dead horse, but I tried Combat Arms out recently and frankly, I'll take it over Warrock or any of the other free-to-play shooters any day.

If you're going in wanting CS:S or Battlefield you will be disappointed. I dare say this game is like a poor man's Halo with a modern day warfare skin over it. The action is aimed more towards the action/arcade-ish deathmatch types who love wracking up headshots and combo kills. The graphics aren't modern but whoever said the graphics are shit, I still felt they were on par or better than CS:S in terms of detail and textures. They're honestly not as bad as some peeps make them out to be.

Item Mall: Present, but I've noticed all the weapons for premium coin tell you what their in-game gold market equivalent and mods are, plus anytime someone has a damn good gun it's just a matter of being crafty, lucky or skilled enough to shit their ass and take their gun in a match. That's an aspect I love...I've been able to play with so many guns without spending any of my in-game earned coin.

Trying to compare it to CoD4 and TF2 and CS:S isn't really fair. It's a cheap, free shooter that has all the caveats for a decent FPS when ya need a fix. It does have the chronic cheater/hacker problem but playing locked, invite only games usually remedies that.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade