11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming Platforms > Sony (PSP, PS3)

Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast

rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
even though I would have liked to have a bigger drive.
You can swap the drive to anything you like. I believe it just has to be a 2.5" size. You could even put in a 300 gig VelociRaptor in there if you wanted. (Though I'd recommend against it due to heat.)

VelociRaptor desktop link - you'd want just the 2.5" version without the fan cooler.

I'm sure people have already dropped in a VelociRaptor for the lols. (I'm on a public computer that has no access to youtube to check, but I'm sure there's a video of someone that did.)
Old 07-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast

rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
Um, let's see, did you buy an XBox 360 elite.
I haven't followed the 360 changes as much, but I'm pretty sure that one you did get screwed. I think the 360 changes have been improvements, such as the edition of HDMI, whereas the PS3 changes were hardware based to software based, so there was effectively no end-user changes (just price to manufacture changes.)
Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
And the back peddling by the comany. Thoughts?
Sounds like standard business practice.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Personally, I'm glad I don't have a console, as I would get annoyed at news like this.
But if its no big deal, then I concede that I'm a little out of touch.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:10 PM

MrAchievement has much to be proud of
My opinion on Sony's choice... Good. They are going to need every purchase they can get if they want to keep up with MS in the Console Race. (Which is the important race since PC only makes up about 14% of Game Sales.)

Side note: Do you PC'ers get upset when prices of Components go down? ...or when better components release for the same price you paid for the last set? Console prices shouldn't be complained about by someone who spends thousands on their Gaming Rig.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
I don't complain about PC prices because I know it will happen when I am buying my comp. It happens with pretty much all electronic devices.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Achievement View Post
My opinion on Sony's choice... Good. They are going to need every purchase they can get if they want to keep up with MS in the Console Race.
Isn't the PS3 outselling the 360 now? A better wording would be "catch up with MS before the next generation".
Old 07-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

I don't think they are beating them in total installed users, but I'm fairly certain PS3 has outsold 360 monthly since it's launch.

(With Wii spanking the crap out of both of them since it's launch, heh )
Old 07-17-2008, 07:48 PM

MrAchievement has much to be proud of

I would say that Sony has some catching up to do in this Console Generation... and considering the rumors that keep claiming that MS will release its next console before 2010 ends... they better do it exponentially faster then they currently are... oh yeah, I no longer consider myself a PS3 owner anyways, I only use it for the Blu-Ray Player, that doesn't count!

My kids don't even care about the PS3... they have asked me for countless numbers of 360 and Wii games... they have never carried a PS3 Game up to me and said "Can I have this?". That should scare Sony.
Last edited by Mr Achievement : 07-17-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Achievement View Post
they have never carried a PS3 Game up to me and said "Can I have this?". That should scare Sony.
So cute!
*teh rabb1t is sad he has no cute kids to ask for stuffs* *cry*