11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming Platforms > Sony (PSP, PS3)

Old 07-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Ps3 Up/downgrade?
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/07..._price_change/

So, if you spent all that money buying a PS3 already, what SONY have done is... well, spit in your face and insult you. After having you over a barrel already, they now pull this little stunt and laugh at everyone who shelled out already.

I'm not gonna laugh, in fact I feel somewhat bemused, even tough I don't own a PS3. This is taking the piss somewhat I think.

Same basic console, 40 gigs more space, same price tag as the normal, and dropping the previous version altogether (although that wont affect warranties).

Anyone who bought a PS3 already feel insulted?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I bought the MGS4 pack, but at the time Wal-mart was running a $100 gift card promotion on any BD player. Winner is me.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast

Bostue is a jewel in the community Bostue is a jewel in the community
This is one of the many reason why Here lately I stay away fron the new consoles.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
Lots of companies will drop the prices some time after release or upgrade the product. iphone anyone?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post

Anyone who bought a PS3 already feel insulted?
Not really, but then, I bought mine a while back.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Enthusiast

rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community
I don't see the issue.

Older PS3 = less hardware due to higher cost due to inclusion of hardware based old-school PS compatibility

Newer PS3 = dye shrunk hardware which is lower cost, software based old-school PS compatibility removes the old-school hardware and further reduces cost

Basically, with something like my PS3, I've got the original 40 gig version. In it I've got a PS3 and PS2 hardware. The new-school 80 gig has a PS3 inside with a dye-shrunk core and PS2/1 software emulation.

New school gets a bigger hard drive (mine is nowhere near used up at all), but the trade off is they have a higher chance of a PS2/1 title not working.

If you are griping about price... um it's been 2 years. Things get shrunk, processes get cheaper, it always happens (that console prices go down).

As a side note, I'd have rather paid $50-100 less and not had the hardware based compatibility. While it's nice, I've only played FFXii, God of War, and will eventually play God of War ii. Not exactly a lot of titles I'd have lost access to if I didn't have it.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Opinionated Gamer

Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Bishop is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
As hardware gets older, the price tag drops. Or the hardware gets better. I don't see the issue, even though I would have liked to have a bigger drive.
'till you run out of cake.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
You will always pay more to be the first to get something.
After sales die down they lower the price to spark interest in the people who won't pay for new stuff. Look how much the price of DVD players have come down. You can get one for $30. Remember when they were new?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
And the back peddling by the comany. Thoughts?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Um, let's see, did you buy an XBox 360 elite? Did you feel insulted when the new... oh never mind.

w/e

-- We're not the crazy ones! --