11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!


Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure


Post Reply
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Jasonlane's Avatar
Jasonlane Jasonlane is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2
Jasonlane has much to be proud of
i am disgusted
ive been a loyal FF fan for a long time now. They have allways used sony and i feel betrayed that they are making it for 360.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
rexin's Avatar
rexin rexin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new york,new york
Posts: 65
rexin has much to be proud of
well it's like when all they did was back up nintendo and some how sony manged to get an almost exclusive contract with sony but since the merge with enix they have people that can code on other systems now
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 PM
DODswe4's Avatar
DODswe4 DODswe4 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 348
DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonlane View Post
ive been a loyal FF fan for a long time now. They have allways used sony and i feel betrayed that they are making it for 360.
soo wrong lol, you do know that ff 1-6 was for nintendo, so actually since nintedo have gotten 2 FFs for GB and Crystal Chronicals for GC you have more FFs for nintendo then Sony so I gues Nintendo is the FF company. Besides its not like its not coming to PS3
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-23-2008, 06:59 PM
zoekoner's Avatar
zoekoner zoekoner is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ny
Posts: 110
zoekoner has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to zoekoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexin View Post
well it's like when all they did was back up nintendo and some how sony manged to get an almost exclusive contract with sony but since the merge with enix they have people that can code on other systems now
i think its a good thing since i only have a 360
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-24-2008, 04:50 AM
kanashi's Avatar
kanashi kanashi is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 147
kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonlane View Post
ive been a loyal FF fan for a long time now. They have allways used sony and i feel betrayed that they are making it for 360.
Actually Square had been with Nintendo first, then signed on with Sony, and Then with Microsoft. You should not feel betrayed, because now others can experience the same great games you do.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 AM
rexin's Avatar
rexin rexin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new york,new york
Posts: 65
rexin has much to be proud of
see there spreading the love
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Dess's Avatar
Dess Dess is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 30
Dess has much to be proud of
Hurrah for blinding and rabid fanboyism, is it really so bad that a game that has a had its last few installments with the same company is now making it accessible to others ? Anyways, we know the true days of ff glory are past...
R.I.P Butz
__________________
Real villains drop colonies
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Reusol's Avatar
Reusol Reusol is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK, Hampshire, Portsmouth
Posts: 160
Reusol is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to Reusol Send a message via Skype™ to Reusol
pissed me off when they announced this. fuck sake, i mean, sure, i know that the industry is a win win situation, you either buy out yoru competitors or fuck up and stay down, but sometimes, you need to just say "hey, thats been on this console" or w/e for a long time...or "lets make the competition fun, let them have this, but we get the next".

now i know that FF series has been on gamegear, NES and SNES and then moved to playstation, and stayed there and now its going multi platform for PS3 and 360...i dont think so tim...but understandly, more money at the end of the day.

the one thing that pissed me off was when 360 got DMC4...WTF, DMC has been a playstation exclusive since the 1st one, sure 4 isnt asnt that goot but certainly better then 2, but i know alot of people who said "DMC4 sucks, wtf is this shit" and they played it on 360, and when asked "ever played the other 3?" they say "nope, its on playstation" or "i never owned one, so no"...and you think..."wtf, you say a sequal is shit, yet you have no idea what the game is about, and you dont like it because its over the top shoot em up hack n slash....dude, thats the like, the point of DMC" but no...and this is what happend when shit gets ported to unknown territory and people critisize it. stupid idiots.

porting can sometimes be fun, but other times, should just sit the fuck down, and be left alone...and i swear, if MGS gets ported to 360...itll be a fuck up for the industry. and before you say "no it wont, be nice for the 360 users who havnt/cant get a PS3 to play/try it"....just think for a second on what that will do to future games and consoles...wouldnt like it if you "halo" bullshit gets ported, imagine what its like to have your console game...the one that defined your console, to have it ported, and beaten to a pulp.

just look at teamfortress...should stay a PC game, as well as portal..

[EDIT] just a note, no im not a sonyfag, im all for all consoles, love the 360 and PS3...just, things should be left alone sometimes yeah
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-24-2008, 06:15 PM
revlazaro's Avatar
revlazaro revlazaro is offline
Savant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,478
revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reusol View Post
pissed me off when they announced this. fuck sake, i mean, sure, i know that the industry is a win win situation, you either buy out yoru competitors or fuck up and stay down, but sometimes, you need to just say "hey, thats been on this console" or w/e for a long time...or "lets make the competition fun, let them have this, but we get the next".

now i know that FF series has been on gamegear, NES and SNES and then moved to playstation, and stayed there and now its going multi platform for PS3 and 360...i dont think so tim...but understandly, more money at the end of the day.

the one thing that pissed me off was when 360 got DMC4...WTF, DMC has been a playstation exclusive since the 1st one, sure 4 isnt asnt that goot but certainly better then 2, but i know alot of people who said "DMC4 sucks, wtf is this shit" and they played it on 360, and when asked "ever played the other 3?" they say "nope, its on playstation" or "i never owned one, so no"...and you think..."wtf, you say a sequal is shit, yet you have no idea what the game is about, and you dont like it because its over the top shoot em up hack n slash....dude, thats the like, the point of DMC" but no...and this is what happend when shit gets ported to unknown territory and people critisize it. stupid idiots.

porting can sometimes be fun, but other times, should just sit the fuck down, and be left alone...and i swear, if MGS gets ported to 360...itll be a fuck up for the industry. and before you say "no it wont, be nice for the 360 users who havnt/cant get a PS3 to play/try it"....just think for a second on what that will do to future games and consoles...wouldnt like it if you "halo" bullshit gets ported, imagine what its like to have your console game...the one that defined your console, to have it ported, and beaten to a pulp.

just look at teamfortress...should stay a PC game, as well as portal..

[EDIT] just a note, no im not a sonyfag, im all for all consoles, love the 360 and PS3...just, things should be left alone sometimes yeah

But that's the thing: Stuff like Final Fantasy, DMC, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil.....they're all made by 3rd party publishers. Halo isn't leaving the Xbox360 why? It's made by the parent company, only reason it's going to PC as well is because, let's be honest, Microsoft owns that market.

Same with Nintendo...Mario and crew is a strong franchise. WTF does Sony Have? God of War.....and uh....God of War......OH! They did make...God of War.....seriously I can't remember any other strong Sony exclusive, sony made titles.....

If you were going to invest millions of dollars into a video game project that you put a lot of talented programmers, writers, musicians and artists into, are you going to hope your game is enough to push sales for a console with a crap library and hope your audience is willing to buy a system JUST for your game? OR........do you market it towards a wider audience?
__________________

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-24-2008, 06:43 PM
DODswe4's Avatar
DODswe4 DODswe4 is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 348
DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
Actually quite alot of the RPGs put on the 360 has been great succeses in Japan where they where meant to be put. Its a way to get the 360 to sell over there as well. Im happy as long as I dont need to pay for another console (since its only 2-3games Im interested in). But Reusol you are right about sequals. eaither you get them all or none of them. FF is to my knowledge a new world and new story.
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off