11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Racing and Simulation

Old 12-08-2008, 02:18 PM

Shadowfire67 has much to be proud of
Those games were the BEST! I really hope that Lucasarts brings them back and they will be better then ever.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast

n0mad has taken things to a new low n0mad has taken things to a new low
Send a message via MSN to n0mad
i like all the X-Wing games
Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Enthusiast

Mumbo has set foot on a distinguished road
I played all of them and loved every moment of it. I would love to see a new edition to it. Or maybe just update the versions they have for current standards in graphics and simulation and combine all of the games on a new disk.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
I agree, an updated Xwing vs TIE Fighter is something I'd be happy to settle with.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 03-21-2009, 03:20 AM

Arrakiv has set foot on a distinguished road
The X-Wing series is what got me into PC gaming, when before I was largely a console gamer. Since then, space combat games have always been my absolute favorite genre (even [a bit barely] beating out RPGs, which I love).

Oh. And TIE Fighter was the best. XWA was fun for putting together random skirmishes that almost felt like missions though.

I would love to see a new game in the series, but I'm pretty sure that LucasArts have already stated that it was quite unlikely. Not to mention that Space Combat and Space Trading games have basically died out.

Sigh, why must I love dead/dying genres so much?
Watch the Xeno Pro Remove Lag in EQ2

...Have a guild or a clan? Want to break your name out in a big way? Send me a message. But, shh! It is a secret...
Old 04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
A few years ago, I used to host a Star Wars RPG in my apartment. I was not the GM, just the host. Before game time, I would psych up by playing X-Wing vs. Tie Figher.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:47 AM
Enthusiast

BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueEyesWhiteGirl
That was a pretty decent game, for an FPS.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
See? Just like I posted in the FPS section, people at this site keep trying to classify that as FPS.

Does a CFS really count as FPS?

Old 04-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
It's played from a firs person perspective, and most of what you do is shooting stuff, but that doesn't make it an FPS, so no, it does not.

Going by the meaning of the words alone, you could call it an RPG as well, and I don't think anybody would argue that it is.

Wikipedia calls the X-Wing series space combat simulation and Space flight simulator game.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Savant

Nobody seems to use the category of CFS (Combat Flight Simulator) anymore.