11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 07-08-2008, 09:42 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
E3 2008 - Official Discussion Thread
With E3 coming up, I figured it was high time to start an official forum thread dedicated to the event. Next week E3 will be going on between July 14th and July 17th and I think we'll be getting a lot of cool news and announcements out of LA during the event.

If you haven't already, please check out our official E3 2008 games page. E3-2008 is now in the site's games list, so can add E3-2008 as a game in your gamerDNA panel, add images and tag them as E3-2008, write experiences about E3, and add E3 2008 news. Please help us keep up with the event by posting your news, videos, images and anything else coming out of the event!

If you'd like to discuss one particular E3 happening, feel free to do it in this thread
Old 07-08-2008, 09:52 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
How are you guys getting your live E3 coverage?

Last year I streamed the entire thing via Gamespot.com's live coverage, but after Gerstmann-Gate I'm reluctant to do so...plus I'm interested in checking out other sites that might have better coverage. We don't have cable at the gamerDNA office so I've gotta find something!

Any help in this area would be awesome. Share those links!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:32 PM

Cormyre has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre
I'll probably get all the info wrapped up on G4 like I did last year (and with Morgan to drool at who can blame me?)

I wasn't really looking for anything to have a wow effect this year as basically everything was announced already or leaked... but Bungie toying with us and a possible new Infinity Ward IP... I'll be interested... plus seeing some hands on time with Rock Band or GH:WT will be nice
Old 07-09-2008, 12:07 AM

DogofThunder has much to be proud of
First off, you don't have cable? You need it just for NESN, which is by far the best sports channel. All Sox all the time baby!

Secondly, I plan on just using Gamespot. Easy to use, and the bullcrap-to-good stuff ratio is better then say, IGN. Not sure exactly what to look forward to this year at E3, but as Cormyre said, a new Infinity Ward IP would be interesting. Who knows, maybe we'll get a real bombshell like Bioshock 2 or Bungie's new IP(highly unlikely, but again, not much to get hyped about.)
Old 07-09-2008, 12:47 AM
GDNA Community Manager

Nope, we don't have cable at the office. That'd be just another distraction along with the 360, PS3 and Wii we have in addition to our big conference room screen and 7.1 surround sound system to play rock band on
Old 07-09-2008, 03:11 AM

Cormyre has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre
pfft... big conference room screen and 7.1 to play rock band on during company time...

pff... err....

where do I sign up?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:41 AM
GDNA Community Manager

woot! G4's got our backs with live streaming both on the web and on TV:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos....html#readmore

I'm gonna schedule the DVR AND watch at work
Old 07-09-2008, 02:30 PM

DevsterC is a jewel in the community DevsterC is a jewel in the community
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
E3-2008 is now in the site's games list, so can add E3-2008 as a game in your gamerDNA panel
So the Games list is for more than just Games? Will it become the "Games 'n' more" list, as things like PAX and QuakeCon get added?

MS's E3 page is up now...
Old 07-09-2008, 03:29 PM
GDNA Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsterC View Post
So the Games list is for more than just Games? Will it become the "Games 'n' more" list, as things like PAX and QuakeCon get added?

MS's E3 page is up now...
Eventually we'll have a separate list for events like PAX, QuakeCon, possibly your local LAN event you went to, etc etc. We won't have that feature in for a bit so we just popped in E3 2008 in the games list for now. Later we will move it into it's own section and give people the ability to write experience entries about events, post pictures, etc. Those events make up a big part of who you are as a gamer, so it's important that we have the functionality on the site.

For now, though, we're rockin' E3 in the games list
Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
People get excited for E3 still? My only regret is never making it to one back when it was an actual show.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd