11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Racing and Simulation

Old 07-04-2008, 02:15 AM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Not a lot of racing people eh?
I guess PC gamers don't play many racers... We need to get some Forza peeps in here... or GT... or PGR... or maybe Moto GP? Or crazy future racers like Wipeout or Fatal Inertia?

Speaking of PGR, I surpisingly enjoyed the motorcycle racing in the game... the cars were meh... but the bikes were hot.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 07-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I suck at racing games - that's why I enjoyed The Simpsons Road Rage, you were supposed to crash into thing!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Does Carmageddon count? Havent played it in years, but was a fanasticlly stupid and fun game to play. And of course, the interstate games, which where just funny.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I used to play racing games on the PS2 and PS1 alot, I guess my interest has died though. Although Motorstorm was alot of fun.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
I play Drift City fairly often. It's actually a pretty cool, little racing MMO. There's nothing more fun that chasing down rogue cars and smashing into them.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Yeah I'm more of a console racer than on the PC. At that, I'm still pretty dated. I still think Need For Speed Hot Persuit 2 is the most awesome racer ever...

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 07-05-2008, 01:46 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Rocket Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace! ;D
Old 07-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Rocket race? Is that like Rocket Jockey? (must-play game but very painful.)

Hardcore auto racer here. The reason you don't see any racer response is because the current racing games for the current consoles are all ass. At best, they're pretty good. Forza is good, but god the menu navigation sucks, and why does it give you such good cars so soon? PGR would be good but for the unfair tracks. The features forum-ites argue about are ass, too. Badges? Rankings? Graphics? I'm trying to beat my best time, not yours.

I'm not saying they suck, but let's consider GT3. Could you stop playing Gran Turismo 3 long enough to update a blog? It was awesome. Compare to the games out now. I own most of 'em, and I forget I do, because TR gives me a better rush and a more pleasant OOC experience. It's that simple really.

Srsly. Try me again when GT ships.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 07-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
Rocket race?
No, it's a mode in Halo 3... For me it was the biggest surprise of the game... I'm not too much of a fan of simply shooting people, it gets boring... So when I discovered the Rocket Race mode I was hooked ;D

It's like Mario Kart, but with rockets It's a co-op game, doing it solo sux cause you get grouped up with some random... Which imo is never fun, so find a friend to do it with....

Anyway, basically there are teams of 2... One guy drives the mongoose (the quad looking thing), the other guy sits on the back, equipped with a rocket launcher... Now the driver has to get the guy on the back (whose not able to drive) to checkpoints before the other teams get there... You can't die, you have unlimited rockets, and the mongoose can't break... But shooting rockets at the other mongoose does make it fly ;D

Just love it cause while theoretically it takes zero skill and is just all fun... Combining driving skills on those things, together with shooting rockets at moving targets at fun fun speeds, is quite entertaining. Lot of chaos usually ;D

As for other racegames... I always enjoyed Waverace and Mariokart on the N64... As for 'realistic' racegames... ehh.... ehh.... no... But, burnout and destruction derby were fun ;D
Old 07-05-2008, 04:07 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_lazaro View Post
Yeah I'm more of a console racer than on the PC. At that, I'm still pretty dated. I still think Need For Speed Hot Persuit 2 is the most awesome racer ever...
You CAN talk about console racing... this is a genre forum, not a platform one

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |