11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Sports Junkies

Old 07-26-2008, 07:09 AM

Dobson has much to be proud of
Madden 09
Who's excited? It's been 20 years since the first one came out and there are going to be some awesome additions to the game, around 85 to be exact. I'm thinking about preordering it, they have a limited edition version which comes with some cool stuff, but at $90 it does not seem worth it to me. What do you all think? Here's the GameStop page for it.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:26 AM

MrAchievement has much to be proud of
I am glad that the new Madden seems to be well put together... but they have a long way to go to regain credibility with me. $90 isn't worth it, $60 is already asking enough.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast

MrSilver is a jewel in the community MrSilver is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to MrSilver
I preordered... but not the $90.00 version.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:30 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
The Daddy of all video sports games will be here August 12 2008
Madden NFL 09 looks so amazing itis almost enough to get me to give up my sports-free lifestyle, but not quite. I have to rely on my "just say no to sports" principles to guide me when tempted by the likes of the Vitual Trainer which seems like it could improve even my game. There are some really cool technologies around the way players move such as "Dynamic Footplant Technology" that I can't wait to see applied in other games.

The best place to view the videos is right on the EA site where they seem to be much higher quality that the YouTube offerings. Here is where I found the best videos.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
EA is the devil! But they seem to be doing something new this time around, which is nice.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
I'd pay $ to play against Roxi in Madden '09

Come one let's get a charity pool going!

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..."
Old 07-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
Not really a fan of sports games. but meh.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Enthusiast

Zedar has set foot on a distinguished road
I like Madden, but seriously... $90??! Ouch!

Old 07-31-2008, 01:51 PM

DevsterC is a jewel in the community DevsterC is a jewel in the community
Arrow cautiously optimistic
Based on all the issues that have cropped up with NCAA09 (Bill Harris has done some nice writeups on his blog for this, looking at Reviews and Gameplay - twice) I'm worried Madden will have similar issues. And the hologram stuff looks more gimmicky than the "ring-builder" did.

No PC version this year will also bother a lot of folks for sure, but rumours have next years iteration working cross platform with the console folks through Games for Windows Live...
Old 07-31-2008, 04:52 PM

kane182stpking has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to kane182stpking
Madden definitely looks interesting this year. Impressions from the demo sound really good even though you can't play defense.