11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 06-28-2008, 02:35 AM

Irtehdar has much to be proud of
Hello and stuff
Hello all.
Ive been playing games since the age of 10 or so(Im 26 today)
Ive always preferred the ''fantasy'' setting, early on in titles such as ''Warcraft I'' and about 8-9 years ago I started delving into the RPG genre. I started out in this genre playing games like diablo, diablo 2, icewind dale and such but found that these games fell out of favour after awhile because of the lack of social aspects.
My first experience with MMORPG's was about 4 years ago when I began playing DaoC and SWG. When WoW was released I was still new to the MMORPG world and followed friends and family to this new hype.
Since then I have played WoW. Ive been an officer in multiple roleplaying aswell as raiding guilds.
When the expansion came I lost interest in the game because this new thing did not by far live up to my expectations. I have however returned to the game on a more cassual level.

For the last year and a half I have been looking and waiting for a game to emerge that caters to what I really miss from these games.
In my oppinion most of the games label the player as a hero early on and the games are too much about individual progress. What I desire is a game where the player has a feel of being a noname soldier in a great army where the individual can do little to affect the world but together with his guild and other likeminded can litterally change the world, build cities and empires.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
Hello!

Welcome to GamerDNA!

Please fasten your seatbelt, keep your arms and head inside the site at all times, and most of all, enjoy your ride!!!!

Nice to meet you. I hope you have a good experience here, as I have. There are several really cool people here!

See ya around!

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 06-28-2008, 04:36 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Welcome!
Old 06-28-2008, 11:21 AM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Welcome to the site!

Interestingly enough, the 8 months or so I spend playing PlanetSide gave me the exact feeling you are looking for... everyone more or less had the same skill options in PlanetSide... so in the end, you just felt like a nother cog in the wheel... but there were so many ways that a single person could turn the tide of a battle... and that is what always made it amazing...

1. It took one mobile spawn driver to get inside the base walls to turn the tide of the assault..
2. It took one Galaxy flier to lead a hot drop on the top of a base.
3. It took one cloaker to sneak in and hack the base for the win!
4. It took one engineer to protect the roof from hot drops, or to protect a spawn point with mines.

So in the end, while you were just one of many doing the same thing, sometimes it was you actually made it happen. And meanwhile as part of the faction, you didn't even have to be in a guild... with various commanders setting way points and calling for reinforcements at the macro level, you felt like you were apart of something larger.

....any way, don't get me started on planetside... in fact I might put this rant in my experiences.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 06-28-2008, 04:16 PM

Irtehdar has much to be proud of
Hey guys and thanks for the welcome.
Ill elaborate alittle on my dream game.
First of all its gotta be playable on a pc and be a fantasy mmorpg.
PC because its my preferred platform for such a game.
Fantasy because I like the theme.
Mmorpg because I like the scale and continuity such a concept offers.
What I wish for is one with multiple factions(in my mind 3 factions sounds ideal as 2 is too few and 4 or more will devide the playerbase out too much imo)
The game should be heavy focused towards pvp but not as seen in alot of other games(it should have a solid pve side aswell including interesting endgame). What I want is the option for players to build houses, band together and build towns and cities. Further more I want guilds to be able to build fortresses(not just capture them, build them)
And then what I really wish for is the option of gathering an army of players and attack playermade cities and fortresses. And ofcourse I can burn down their homes and steal their treasure.
And in the middle of this chaotic world I stand there holding firm on my weapon of choice trying desperately to make a small difference amidst thousands of friendly and hostile players trying to do so too.
IMO the result of a given battle should come down to preparation, sheer numbers and class balance not to just level and gear.
Warhammer online looks promising except that everything seems to be looped to prevent one side of ultimatively taking over the world and so any change a player manages to make will eventually be nullified as everything goes back to square one.
I dont want to be valuable to my guild just because im a ''healer'' but also because I simply is another soldier in the ranks and the more people can be amassed the more powerful the guild can become.
I think that such a game could end in one side taking control of the world but then again the ''loosing'' factions still make up a total of 2/3 of the playerbase and can ultimately wrest control of areas from the ''winners''.
I generally like the idea of logging in, joining a battle that takes place right now and by winning the battle gaining access to some quests that takes place in that area. And in the case I lost I still had hours of fun fighting that battle.

But then again. this is my dream game and it might take years before a game like this emerges if it ever does so.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast

AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community AchemsDragon is a paragon of the community
Well said. That is along the lines of the game I am interested in creating; the only setback is my lack of programming knowledge....and texturizing....and animation.....well, you get the idea. If I was as smart as I think I am, I would be able to learn all of the things needed to work on a game project of that magnitude, and create the digital world I have been working on in my head and on paper for almost a year now.

If my dream ever becomes a reality....I'll let you know.

"BabyDragon" (Its a Girl!!!) Inbound December 2008!!!!!
My Pets
Old 07-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast

Richie has much to be proud of
Welcome to gamerDNA, it is an awesome site. See you around the fourms.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Enthusiast

Bostue is a jewel in the community Bostue is a jewel in the community
Welcome and enjoy!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Hay, welcome.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast

tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community tommarrow is a paragon of the community
Welcome.

98% huh, I thought it would be less then that.