11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 06-28-2008, 02:01 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Metal Gear Solid 4
Figured that what I consider to be the best game of all time deserved a thread.

Without a doubt the best game in the series, and a conclusion of epic proportions to a series of epic proportions, it represents exactly what I believe that every singleplayer game should be. I guess I might be biased because I grew up with the series, but it really does deserves the number one spot on my list, on everyone's list. Even if you don't like the story, don't like the genre or even find the gameplay "boring", you have to appreciate the game.

The storytelling, the graphics, the gameplay, it's all so polished, so perfect. The story itself, with the twists, the revelations, the conclusions to the lose ends of the previous games, so perfect. The sound and the graphics are great, as always with the MGS games, they've always been at the top of their generation and this is no exception, the music and the sound effects are exactly what they should be, the settings are stunning. They even recreated Shadow Moses and took the player back to where it all started (MGS, not MG). The graphics are on par with anything else that's out there.

The quality of the gameplay is even higher than that of the previous games, the boss fights are awesome. All the small toys and gadgets that you can use are fun and innovative. The guns and the controls feels just right, the camera never feels awkward.

It has everything that a sequel should have. It has everything that an ending should have, and everything that a good game should have.

I guess what they said was true, even if there is no other game out there that's good enough to justify a purchase of the PS3, this one does. The only negative thing I have to say is that I'm very sad to see the series end, and I really do hope that whatever Hideo Kojima and everyone else that worked on these games decide to do next is a video game of the same quality as this one. I guess every story needs and end, I just hope the next one is as amazing as this one. This is one of those games that I will remember untill the day I die or turn senile.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I played (read: watched) it for about an hour before shelving it for a rainy day. At least my new PS3 is a good BD player.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 06-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
I played (read: watched) it for about an hour before shelving it for a rainy day. At least my new PS3 is a good BD player.
Well, MGS has always been a cinematic game, or a movie with interactive parts, and if that doesn't suit you then obviously you won't like it. But that's more of a vanilla and chocolate thing though isn't it?
Old 07-04-2008, 07:50 AM

JohnnyDrama814 has much to be proud of
Overall, it's one of the best games on the PS3. The cutscenes are definitely long, but the gameplay makes up for it. I'll do another playthrough on it for sure.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Do you guys play MGO much? Hows the online play?

Do you think clans will be competitive in that game and that it will last a while?

We just got the game for the office PS3 so I'm going to check it out a bit this week
Old 07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I liked MGS1... MGS2 I never got too much into... Anything that came after that really wasn't my game anymore.

When I first saw the announcement for 4 I got excited again, maybe a decent MGS title again... Even more, maybe finally a decent enough PS3 title to actually get the damn machine. Then the footage and more info came and I lost interest again =/

Shame really, lots of people are frantic about the game. Yet I never even got slightly excited about it after the let-down that was 2. Some people say MGS2 was pretty good, or at least decent to some extent... I'm not one of those people...

Glad you guys are liking it, I guess it just isn't my game.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
Do you guys play MGO much? Hows the online play?

Do you think clans will be competitive in that game and that it will last a while?
I like it, it's alot of fun, especially playing the asshole that crouches down and goes after the choke and knife kills. Competitive play is out of the question though, for one reason and one reason alone, the hitboxes are amazingly laggy. You can hide behind a wall and die from a headshot 2 seconds later. I'm hoping that they will fix that.

I also have two other complaints to make, swapping from your main weapon to your knife shouldn't require flipping through your menu, one button push like the rest of the weapons plz. Also, CQC/Knife kills are to easy to get, partly because you die so incredibly slowly from anything but lucky headshots (Lucky due to the hitboxes being delayed and f'ed up in general) and partly because it's so easy to close in on an opponent, again due to the hitboxes.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:28 PM

Cormyre has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre
Loved what I played so far... the chapter installs are annoying and haven't touched MGO yet... my 360 demands to much of my life to put a considerable amount of time into it yet hahaa.

Err... I mean I'm savoring each chapter... playing through it and taking a month to digest what happened... yeah thats it *peers*
Old 07-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormyre View Post
the chapter installs are annoying and haven't touched MGO yet...
Yeah, would've been better with a one time only install at the beginning, before the menus even showed up. Yet... it feels so very PS1ish, feels like the loading times. Brings you back in time.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:16 AM

Alexisonline has much to be proud of
Now, this is a game in severely interested in.

I played some of 1, 2 and 3, but have never owned a copy - nor am I a PS3 owner now.

And I've been honestly considering buying one to play this game, as it's 100% the sort of game I'd love to get involved with.

Does anyone know if/where I can get MGS as a written book/novel? Or even a hugely detailed plot synopsis? I read a short synopsis and was so disappointed when it was finished, best thing I've read in a while.