11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Racing and Simulation

Old 06-27-2008, 04:50 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Anyone playing GRID?
Is this not the best racing game of the year so far? The sense of speed, the damage models... all pretty spectacular. My only complaint is the sponsorship/team model doesn't seem fleshed out enough...

Recently I have been playing the Open-wheel races... and those are HARD. If you touch anyone your car spins out of control... thankfully the replay feature is in there!

So, thoughts on GRID?

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 06-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
I played the demo... My impressions are that it's great looking, and that it's going out of its way to avoid competing with Gran Turismo by providing instant, well, "gratification". I guess.

The cars drive realistically, which is mostly nice, except of course that the cars aren't tuneable. They push this as a good thing, but coincidentally it also makes things much easier for the game designers as they don't have to implement all that crap. And anyway, hey, that's all personal preference. Oh right, tuning the response of a car is personal preference, that's why real racing games feature tuning the cars as much as the driving.

I dunno. Didn't move me. What up with drift racing anyway. Since when is that a real sport? I mean, they're televising poker now, so I guess anything is possible.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 06-27-2008, 08:43 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Yeah I hate the drift events... HATE. So I try and skip those where I can...

I agree with the statement that tuning is personal preference (before you got sarcastic with it)... I would much rather control the look of my car than the handling of it... as I am not a car mechanic with a full in-depth knowledge of telemetry... so I would completely agree that if you are a tuning nut... than GRID probably isn't for you... but it seems that you knew that already.

Besides, any game with a "reset button" you can use 4 or 5 times during the race is probably not going for authenticity.

I don't think GRID tries to hide what it is.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
True, it's very good at what it is... it's a driving game, not a racing game. Well, I think you know what I mean. I think I do, too.

(Just saw Israel Vibration. Wow, what a great show. I so very much should be asleep, but it was so good, I need a gaming fix but nothing is downloaded yet, and I just noticed a load of "reallocated" sectors on my secondary hard drive. Bad bad bad bad bad. )

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 07-20-2008, 12:05 AM

nahtanoD has much to be proud of
i just recently picked it up and im having loads of fun with it, i completed one of the open wheel events for the ARL and indeed those can be a pain. drifting is alright but not my fav, the drifting while trying to race kills me every time lol.

all in all its a great game and one of my #1 fav racers of all time.

EDIT: i take it back not all the open wheels event are a pain just the ARL ones, small city coures, where as the euro ones are nice fast and wide lol.
Last edited by nahtanoD : 07-20-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I played the demo, it was alot of fun and I'm considering buying the game. One question though, how long does it last? The singleplayer Grid World part I mean.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 AM
gamerDNA Staff

I have found it to last a long time... but I am not HARD CORE playing it... I dive in here and there and race a few races and make progress... I think it has been worth it though... although I hate the drift events and try to steer clear of them. I am just not good at it and it is frustrating.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:02 PM

nahtanoD has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
I played the demo, it was alot of fun and I'm considering buying the game. One question though, how long does it last? The singleplayer Grid World part I mean.
single last awhile ive been at it awhile and I still have a ways to go, needless to say J-speed region is my weakness lol.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Sounds cool, guess I'll be buying that next month.