11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 10-12-2008, 02:31 PM

Klister has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanashi View Post
Zelda games were rather kick ass. I would sit and play Ocarina of Time over and over because it was just so much fun.

Did anyone like the master quests of that?
yes! I liked the Master Quest, it had been a couple of years since I played OoT, so replaying it with a few more tougher dungeons was good fun!

I've played most Zelda's, just need to find some time for the old NES version that I still have somewhere, and I need to get my hands on Phantom Hourglass

Old 10-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
I have a confession to make, I never beat any of the original NES Zeldas, I never even played Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker felt like too much of a cop-out for me to ever play.

Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are another story however.

I received Ocarina of Time for Christmas on the year it came out, and beat the game immediately prior to leaving with my family for a New Year's Eve party. I played it well beyond those 5 initial days of conquest however. The music, the environments, the characters, it was all good. I even got to the point where my father helped me make a ceramic ocarina in his studio that actually worked.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Enthusiast

Dark-Crenshaw has much to be proud of
For me, Ocarina of Time brought all the elements of the first Zelda and the SNES Link to the Past into 3D 100% perfectly while adding new elements and mechanics.

Haven't play Twilight Princess yet, but Wind Waker kept the basic elements from the series but people didn't like it because of the kiddy like presentation.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Crenshaw View Post
Haven't play Twilight Princess yet, but Wind Waker kept the basic elements from the series but people didn't like it because of the kiddy like presentation.
It wasn't so much the kiddie representation for me as it was the fact that everything was under-water AND the Zora somehow became BIRD PEOPLE after the entire world was flooded....WHY?! They should have ruled the seas with a watery fist!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:42 PM

Klister has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
For me, Ocarina of Time brought all the elements of the first Zelda and the SNES Link to the Past into 3D 100% perfectly while adding new elements and mechanics.

actually, I really liked the cellshaded graphs of Wind Waker. I thought it really fitted the game. I never understood why people consider a cartoony look "kiddy"

Old 10-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Agreed with Klister.
The Wind Waker isn't anymore "kiddy" than the other Zelda games.
(The Zelda series isn't exactly comparable to say GoW (pick either Gears or God), but again, that goes for the series as a whole.)
The celshading is an art style, which influences the "feel" you get while playing, but which doesn't really make the game more "kiddy".
Just play the game and you'll see that it hasn't turned into the Teletubbies or anything like that.

I don't know who you're referring to with "people" exactly, but it seems to me that despite early negativity about the celshading from the more vocal criticasters, once everybody actually started playing the game, this mostly turned into positivity.
I guess I'd have to look up how it did for actual facts, but I personally enjoyed (most of) the game, so I don't care. :P
Old 01-15-2009, 09:33 PM

kraid117 has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to kraid117 Send a message via Yahoo to kraid117
All Zelda games are good, some are better then others but every Zelda game has been epic, best reviewed and defined something. Ocarina defined 3D gaming, Legend of Zelda did non liner gaming and wind waker brought in cell shading. OoT is the best game ever, zelda is the best series ever and the music is the best!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraid117 View Post
zelda is the best series ever and the music is the best!
That reminds me, in case any fan missed these one man band Zelda music renditions:

Old 02-05-2009, 02:53 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Ah, sweet nostalgia. Legend of Zelda was the first game I ever beat (at the tender age of 8) and it will always have a spot in my crusty old-guy heart. OoT was phenomenal, nobody can bring a 2D series to 3D like Nintendo, but Twilight Princess was the refinement of the series. It was epic, beautiful, masterfully paced, and wonderfully scored.

Gush mode canceled...
Old 03-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Enthusiast

Tribaut is community member of note
I miss the old days If you havent played the original zelda your a frikkin COMMUNIST NAZI!

(no offense to any communists or nazis or combination there of)

http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=31155&page=2 help your fellow GDNA bros out!