11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 07-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
I'll take Chrono Trigger or FFVI over FFVII any day.
And I'd take NES Zelda, Zelda: A Link to the Past or even Link's Awakening on Gameboy (GBColor version is schweet!) over any of those any day.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 08-04-2008, 07:55 AM

burfo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_lazaro View Post
First to post in the retro section, and all I gotta say is ZELDA. Pure and simple. There were games before it, there were games after it. But it's the original Golden Cart of NES.
I have to agree this game was simply awesome.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:29 AM

gutsman has much to be proud of
Even though my first Zelda experience was The Wind Waker, i gotta say that the entire series is something every gamer should experience. From sailing the Great Sea to finding all the masks in Majora's Mask, there was nothing i would rather do.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I've never owned a Nintendo console myself causing me to basically completely miss the original game.
However when I saw a friend play "A Link to the Past", it looked like lots of fun.
Of course he wouldn't let me play, and he didn't want to show me the beginning either, since he'd advanced quite a bit already and didn't want to lose anything.

I finally played it a year or so ago, and like I assumed at the time, it was indeed a very fun game.

Actually maybe I wouldn't even have tried it after all that time if it wasn't for my first Zelda game: "Ocarina of Time".
That felt like it was about the perfect game; lots of fun, pretty deep, long time to play, without boredom setting in.
(I never got to play "Majora's Mask". )
After that I had to play "Wind Waker", "Twilight Princess", and lastly "Phantom Hourglass" during my vacation.

If I can get my hands on some of the other, older Zelda games, I'll be playing them too.
There's nothing wrong with some old school fun!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:46 AM

akiraluckystar has much to be proud of
The Zelda series is one of greatness that will never die out, I was hooked the moment I picked up my first game, I loved each and every game I played as time went on and even now I would prefer to play a link to the past or Majoras mask etc than play call of duty 4 or spore, gameplay, story, sidequests zelda excels in all categories
Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
Zelda games were rather kick ass. I would sit and play Ocarina of Time over and over because it was just so much fun.

Did anyone like the master quests of that?

Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
You talking about the Gamecube exclusive remix of it? I never got my hands on it, unfortunately.

But on a different note....my fiancee the other day started playing some symphony performing all of the Zelda scores, and I was shocked by A) How much I remember them and B) how beautiful it sounds put to real instruments. Like, I was almost awe struck.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 09-30-2008, 06:14 AM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
Orchestrated versions of game music are always amazing in my opinion. They just have that soothing/epic feeling to them.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:50 PM

NightPredator has much to be proud of
Zelda is and was amazing. In my opinion, Ocarina Of Time was the best one created. It's funny how whenever they try to move away from the original story line with Ganondork, (XD) it's never as good. It's amazing how Ganondorf never gets old as the final boss.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:04 AM

P00KIE is community member of note
Link is King-Ding-A-Ling! I love playing Zelda on my dear old Nesticle.