11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 08-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I got all excited thinking "Wow! This topic will really help me!" Then I started reading it to me it was all "Wah WAHH wah WAH WAH WAH" like the adults on a Peanuts cartoon.

Note to self: You aren't smart enough for this stuff. Earn more money and hire someone.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:42 AM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

Zel is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Zel
What are you working on Armaya? Can I help you? I took one html class as a summer elective in college... it taught me some basics but I really just learned by doing and really only over the past 2 years.

I've had access to programs like dreamweaver in the past which are nice and do handle writing the html, css, and some javascript for you... actually learned a lot by keeping dreamweaver in "split view" where it shows both the design and the code.

But now, I just use a text editor and firefox with the firebug free plugin. Now that I know how to write the html & css myself it is everything I want out of a web design editor by allowing me to see exactly where everything is as I highlight sections of the code, and by showing me the css that effects that part too.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:29 PM

Cormyre has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre
Depends on the system I'm working with/on
Notepad++ for Windows
Taco on mac
VI in text based environments (usually Fedora or Red Hat)

out of the 3 I think I like Taco the best as it has a split view that renders php pages while coding (which actually can be a nightmare if you working on a db connection or particularly a query).

But I'm normally stuck in a windows environment
Old 08-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Enthusiast

Zedar has set foot on a distinguished road
I'm old fashioned I guess, I still use Visual Notepad ++ (Enterprise Edition!) and Crimson Editor...

Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM

AngelicLoki is a jewel in the community AngelicLoki is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to AngelicLoki Send a message via MSN to AngelicLoki
I used Joomla 1.5 with a bridge to phpBB3. Since the phpBB3 then used the Joomla authentication module, it got rid of the bots.

Mehdi makes a free bridge for phpBB2 and Joomla 1.5 that you can use if you are interested in the setup, although unless you have a larger guild that will use the full website, you may just be better off with a phpBB portal, and use 3, because the permissions script went a long way to taking care of those darned bots.

Build Your Own Minicity
Old 09-09-2008, 05:16 AM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
vBulletin for forums and Ruby on Rails for the rest, I will never go back to PHP.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Enthusiast

Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community
Over at www.thisxboxlife.com, we use WordPress and will be using PHPBB for forums that we will be adding soon. Wordpress is very easy to use and there are some really nice templates available on the web.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
At http://www.mellonea.org/ we use phpBB3, and then a basic HTML landing page.

I made some custom modifications to the PHP code to reduce the number of spam forum account applications we were getting.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:57 PM

snorkle256 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to snorkle256 Send a message via MSN to snorkle256 Send a message via Yahoo to snorkle256
Generation: Gamerz uses joomla. I'm not sure if its what I would have gone with, but since the previous owners started it that way I'm just gonna ride it out and continue with it.